Escape Haven owner's suite with large balcony--murphy bed?

Kindley

We have this room booked in two weeks with the understanding the suite can hold 6 people. There will be 4 of us in there, two adults and two teenagers. The plan was the two kids would have the den/second bedroom with the murphy bed. As I'm getting excited and watching videos of the ship/room tours I'm seeing this murphy bed looks very small. Does anyone have any experience sleeping on this bed, any feedback, pictures? The kids  are 15 and 17 and they are tall girls! hoping we wont have to use the sofa bed and can keep that area clear. Thank you! 🙂 

Hi there, 

You will love this cabin! It may feel a bit tight for them but it can be done. If not, request that they still share the space for everything but sleeping and ask the room steward to remove the bedding so you can use the living room during the day.  Have them try it out the first night.  The second bedroom feels bigger after the first day.  Hope this helps! 

image.jpeg

Are you in the OS or DOS?  You mention 6. That would be the DOS. We sailed in it back in 2018.  The bed in separate room was small, like between a twin and double.  The picture above looks a bit bigger so maybe they swapped it.  DD bf was supposed to go but he couldn't.  They would have never fit.  DS slept in living room and that bed is like a king and very comfortable.

Have a great time.  That is probably best room we've had.

3 hours ago, kruiserkatie said:

Hi there, 

You will love this cabin! It may feel a bit tight for them but it can be done. If not, request that they still share the space for everything but sleeping and ask the room steward to remove the bedding so you can use the living room during the day.  Have them try it out the first night.  The second bedroom feels bigger after the first day.  Hope this helps! 

image.thumb.jpeg.c3ee7f66428af1c8bb8bd907595b3d31.jpeg

image.jpeg

Oh my goodness, thank you SO much for this. It was almost impossible to find any new info on it and people were describing it as a large twin! Of course we'd let one have the sofa bed in living room if necessary, but this just put my mind at ease 😊

2 hours ago, dexddd said:

Are you in the OS or DOS?  You mention 6. That would be the DOS. We sailed in it back in 2018.  The bed in separate room was small, like between a twin and double.  The picture above looks a bit bigger so maybe they swapped it.  DD bf was supposed to go but he couldn't.  They would have never fit.  DS slept in living room and that bed is like a king and very comfortable.

Have a great time.  That is probably best room we've had.

Yes, I meant DOS! Thank you for the information. I had read much older reviews mentioning it's just larger than a twin, but these updated photos make me agree with you that maybe they have updated it. Either way the sofa bed in the living room is free if we need it.  Thank you, we are so looking forward to it, the rest of the family are elsewhere in the Haven, we just wanted the extra space as a gathering spot 😊