Zuiderdam in port 2pm - 11pm??

Dutch48

We are booked on the Zuiderdam in November 2006 and I noticed that with the new itinerary going to Grand Turk instead of Nassau, our day in Tortola has very weird hours. I had my heart set on going to the Baths at Virgin Gorda, but it looks like it may not be possible. According to the ferry schedules I've seen we may not be able to get over and back that late on a Tuesday, plus I don't know how early it gets dark there in November. The previous day Zuiderdam will be in Grand Turk from 7am to 4pm but won't arrive in Roadtown, Tortola until 2pm. Does anyone else have thoughts or suggestions about this? We've never been to Tortola or Grand Turk and welcome any information you may wish to share.

I have the same issue on the Westerdam in December...no idea what to do and a little ticked that we probably can't go to the baths (for any acceptable amount of time anyway).

As excursions aren't available yet for our cruises, its not even possible to see which ones are offered and if there are any different/new excursions due to the time in port (ie. sunset sail etc.).

I'm guessing we'll have to wait until some pax come back from cruises with similar itineraries and shed some light on the subject ;)

Tortola is not exactly party central, especially on a Tuesday night but perhaps some of the few shops there are will stay open later with a ship in town. What strange hours to be spending in that particular port. As for diving the Rhone, it'll be a real short dive I would imagine, since it will get dark fairly early. Even on a power boat the trip from Road Town to Salt Island is going to take more then a few minutes. :confused:

Archived