Mardi Gras First Impressions

Not a full review, but here are some first impressions of the ship.  (It has been at least 10 years since we last cruised and over 20 years since we were on Carnival.)

Ship:  The size does not seem as big as it really is.  Getting around is fairly easy and the layout is well planned.  Some crowding in areas, but with a ship this big there are always places to go without crowds. So crowding might be an issue if you are trying to do all the activities but really not much of an issue if you are just hanging out.  

Food:  Decent for the most part.  Probably middle of the pack judging from the cruises we have done in the past.  Pizza is really good.  The best we have had at sea.  

Room: Condition of the room was not acceptable, as I have detailed in another thread.  Gross  🤮 

The “Spa Balcony” concept and location has been worth the money IMO.  Love the balcony location and being on this high floor. Very quiet as foot traffic for most of the floor is cut off from the rooms.  So convenient having that private express elevator.  Even if you are not going to the Spa, that private elevator is a sneaky quick way to get to the lower floors fast.  

• Like 2

Thanks for that link. Is it safe to assume the shows will still be the same from the May timeline until Aug? The ports all are different but I would imagine the shows would remain the same for more than just 3 months.

20 hours ago, bostonshovel said:

Thanks for that link. Is it safe to assume the shows will still be the same from the May timeline until Aug? The ports all are different but I would imagine the shows would remain the same for more than just 3 months.

The shows are done by a cast that stays together for at least 4 to 6 months time.  They train together in FL before being deployed to a ship and the show are pretty constant as well, although usually with a new ship they may bring on a new show.  We have a friend who is part of a playlist production team.

On 7/1/2024 at 8:43 AM, bostonshovel said:

Love the Avatar Go Bs! If you remember and if possible can you fill us in to what shows are on the ship, comedians, etc. We sail out with our Teen on the Aug 3 sailing.

We have not been going to a lot of shows, but we did miss the Family Feud show as we did not show up right when the doors opened.   Went 20 minutes early and it was already full.  Saw one comedian which was 18+…it was “ok”.  

I’ll try and post my opinion about the major entertainment.  Going to the love and marriage show tonight so we will see how that is.