If you're interested in sailing on AOS for New Year's Join us here - group forming

Hello All,

I put in a request with Laura to start an inquiry if anyone is interested in forming a group for the December 31, 2006 sailing on Adventure of the Seas.

We need to be able to fill a minimum of 8 cabins in order to turn this into an "official" Cruise Critic group cruise. So, if you're interested, please join this forum.

Adventure of the Seas

Departing December 31, 2006

New Year's Eve sailing

Sunday, December 31, 2006 San Juan, Puerto Rico

Monday, January 1, 2007 At Sea

Tuesday, January 2, 2007 Oranjestad, Aruba

Wednesday, January 3, 2007 Willemstad, Curacao

Thursday, January 4, 2007 At Sea

Friday, January 5, 2007 Philipsburg, St. Maarten

Saturday, January 6, 2007 Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands

Sunday, January 7, 2007 San Juan, Puerto Rico

Thanks.

Hi, I'm Beth, I just found this site today. I know we'd be interested, and, I have at least 4 to 5 other people that would be interested. How does this work exactly? Do we have to stay with the group? Are we forced to book a specific type of cabin? Do we get any free time away from the group? We've cruised before but, never with a group and, certainly not with people we haven't met before...that isn't meant to offend. I'm just saying, we MIGHT be interested but, need all of our questions answered before committing to a firm yes.

I hope that is ok that I responded since I'm new.

Beth

Hi, I'm Beth, I just found this site today. I know we'd be interested, and, I have at least 4 to 5 other people that would be interested. How does this work exactly? Do we have to stay with the group? Are we forced to book a specific type of cabin? Do we get any free time away from the group? We've cruised before but, never with a group and, certainly not with people we haven't met before...that isn't meant to offend. I'm just saying, we MIGHT be interested but, need all of our questions answered before committing to a firm yes.

I hope that is ok that I responded since I'm new.

Beth

Hi Beth,

Everyone is welcome! I understand your concerns. I'm not a group "grouppie" either. The groups or at least this particular group would be formed for pricing and amenities purposes. If there are enough people interested then we can request a "Meet and Mingle" for our group but, there won't be any forced requirements for ANYONE to attend. In other words, if you just want to join this group for pricing purposes and that's all - then that's ok! If you want to meet others in the group - then that's ok too!

Additionally, you can select whatever category you like (regarding your cabin selection) provided it's available. Once we have 8 cabins committed, then I email Laura who heads up the Cruise Critic community and then she contacts the Cruise Critic approved travel agencies for pricing. Once the prices sent to Laura, we then become official and our group just continues to grow until it sells out.

We have cruised during Christmas many times and it's always been a lot of fun. This would be our first New Year's eve cruise, so, it's going to be a cruise first for us, but, we're really looking forward to it. I have 3 committed cabins for this cruise.

So, we need 5 more to make the group minimum. I realize a lot of people can't think that far ahead or might have to see school schedules but, for someone who has cruised over the holidays, I can assure you, it's never too early to book for the holidays!!

I hope this answers your questions.

Thanks for such a speedy reply! Here are some more questions for you.

What about dinner arrangements? Do we eat as a group?

Are the prices that much better as a group?

When do we have to let you know?

Beth

Hi again Beth,

Dinner is just like any other cruise. You eat with whom wish, no forced group dining here.

Overall group prices are better.

The sooner the better so we can get the group official.

Does this help?

Here's a twist for you. We've already booked (6 cabins) and 4 more that might be pending - I know we'd be VERY interested if you get a better price. The big question is what are the prices? We booked directly with Royal Caribbean so transfering the reservation to a travel agent is no problem. If you get pricing soon and, it's better than what we got - we're in - guaranteed.

Nick

A co-worker just emailed me your link to this post. COUNT US IN!! We will be at least 4 couples and 2 singles. We'll need 4 or 5 cabins. Can we request them all together please?

I'm Marianne and, I work in education and, nothing sounds more appealing than leaving cold, snowy Maine behind for some fun and sun in the Southern Caribbean!!

it has been my experience that groups only get a better price if the group leader is willing to forgo their free room. The general pricing that RCCL gives is the same for everyone at any given time. The real discount comes in to play in the amenities offered (for example our upcoming group gets a wine & cheese party, a group cocktail party, t-shirts, beach towels, etc.) and if the group leader is willing to share in the free passenger credit they get usually 1 free person for every 8 cabins.

I may get slammed, but I just want people not to have an unfair expectation of the pricing from Royal. Other cruise lines are very different. On Carnival our group leader got us a very reduced rate due to some good negotiations but Royal has a different philosophy. That sailing is prettey booked already so they may not be offering amenities at all.

-DEM920

tdembek@optonline.net

Archived