Bliss Vibe cabanas - shade?

Can anyone comment on whether the Bliss Vibe cabanas provide full or partial shade at any point in the day?  The roof appears to be slatted which makes me think being fully shaded will be difficult to impossible.  I’m just off the Joy and the cabanas there are awesome providing full or partial shade when you need it.  I am so glad I had it as the Vibe didn’t have a ton of umbrellas available and it was burning hot out there.  It’s too early to book so I have time to do some research on this.

Hi GM,

We did the Bliss Panama Cruise from Miami to LA in December 2024.  Going in that direction (southwest and then north), the Vibe cabanas didn’t really provide a lot of shade.  Not sure where you’re cruising, though. 

The umbrellas were not out very often due to the winds.  The crew members were amazing at trying to help provide shade/umbrellas when possible to everyone, not just those of us in the cabanas.  But, no, given the direction we were going, there was not a lot of shade to be found anywhere in the Bliss Vibe.

That said, the staff were amazing and fabulous and tried to work things out when they could 😊

33 minutes ago, bssc said:

Not too much shade but the staff would set up umbrellas for us the cabana would be in shade.

Thank you for letting me know!  I didn’t know they would do this.

3 minutes ago, cruiser1961 said:

Hi GM,

We did the Bliss Panama Cruise from Miami to LA in December 2024.  Going in that direction (southwest and then north), the Vibe cabanas didn’t really provide a lot of shade.  Not sure where you’re cruising, though. 

The umbrellas were not out very often due to the winds.  The crew members were amazing at trying to help provide shade/umbrellas when possible to everyone, not just those of us in the cabanas.  But, no, given the direction we were going, there was not a lot of shade to be found anywhere in the Bliss Vibe.

That said, the staff were amazing and fabulous and tried to work things out when they could 😊

Thanks for the info. I am sailing Miami to western Caribbean in December.  Glad to know they were so helpful.

1 hour ago, cruiser1961 said:

This is disturbing.  It is extremely unhealthy (i.e. high risk) for some people to experience extended sun exposure.  🧛‍♀️

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

It is up to each person (all adults in the Vibe) to determine their own situation and their individual risk.  The crew members are, in no way, responsible for monitoring the decisions of adults.

Edited by cruiser1961

1 hour ago, EngrJones said:

This is disturbing.  It is extremely unhealthy (i.e. high risk) for some people to experience extended sun exposure.  🧛‍♀️

That’s a reason to stay out of the vibe. 

It is up to each person (all adults in the Vibe) to determine their own situation and their individual risk. 

Well, it would be prudent to speak with one's doctor as part of determining their own situation, but where is the fun in that?

The crew members are, in no way, responsible for monitoring the decisions of adults.

Of course not.

40 minutes ago, zqvol said:

That’s a reason to stay out of the vibe. 

Not really.  But a reason to stay out of the vibe when it's too windy for umbrellas.

12 minutes ago, cruiser1961 said:

Yes, please, stay out of our way.  

We cannot make decisions for ourselves...

SUN…must have SUN

Well, that makes you a dermatologist's bread and butter (not something any dermatologist would be happy about, but reality).

Skin cancer happens.  A lot.  Feel free to ignore that.  I wish you all well.

• Haha 2

I took the wrong direction in responding to you and, for that, I am sorry.

My most favourite person in the whole world has experienced skin cancer (and a few other cancers) and it was not fun. 

It’s hard to tell on these chats where someone is coming from.  I hope you will forgive me and allow us to move on.

Best regards,

Leets

Posted (edited)

I hope you will forgive me and allow us to move on.

Thanks.  Nothing to forgive.  Let's just share a friendly reminder to our fellow cruisers that the Sun can and has been a (literal) killer.  I haven't been in the Vibe.  If they sell special cabanas, IMHO they should allow for full shade come rain, shine or wind.  I literally cringe when I see people baking their skin in the sun.  Hopefully one or two will talk to their doctors and adjust their cruising behaviors as appropriate. 😎

ETA: apparently @zqvolconsiders this a laughing matter.  I don't understand that at all.

Edited by EngrJones
  • Haha 1