Royal Caribbean Expansion

rolloman

I was in Nassau this past weekend and was excited to see construction/demolition is occurring in the Paradise Island area. Those once beautiful homes have now been removed. The area Royal intends to build on is actually quite a larger piece of land than I thought. In other news, I was speaking to a Royal employee (not crew) and he stated Royal recently acquired land in the mainland of Mexico to be built out as a new port of call. Done in part due to the Labadee situation. First I have heard of this, however I am not surprised as it seems all lines recently have been scrambling to create more near shore stops. 

• Like 3

In the search for more revenue I'd expect all cruise lines are going to start expanding the "private beach" stops.
I'd imagine corporate is tickled pink every time these stops are incorrectly referred to by the general public as "RCL/NCL/X/CCL private ISLAND" 😆

100% the corporates view every non cruise line sponsored shore excursion or shopping trip as revenue lost, rather than supporting the local economy!

Edited by NateUpNorth
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NateUpNorth said:

In the search for more revenue I'd expect all cruise lines are going to start expanding the "private beach" stops.

100% the corporates view every non cruise line sponsored shore excursion or shopping trip as revenue lost, rather than supporting the local economy!

Unfortunately I feel this is 100% true as well imo. 

I am very afraid in the next decade that Royal will never go to port in any other country other than their own "private islands" with the new Gargantuan Class ships carrying 20,000 people. St Thomas Beach Club is on the way as well I believe? 

p.s. Hard to believe that Oasis of the Seas will be 20 yrs old in 2029.

p.p.s. Even crazier to believe that Voyager of the Seas will be 30 yrs old in 2029!