Double the Love Promo

MattnTricia

I am at Ruby Status and am working on ways to enhance status. 

We have Discovery Princess booked in February and I am considering a quick solo  cruise out of Seattle / Vancouver to enhance status to platinum.  All I can find is you must pay the single supplement on a cruise in order for the number of cruises to be doubled. Has anyone done this?  How do you confirm the single supplement?  I see that the cruise I'm looking a is doubling the fare for me being sole - Im assuming this is it but I am not sure. 

Today I now see this double the love promotion which say it will double the number of credits earned from Aug - December which is when the cruises I was looking a are scheduled if you add the plus package. Any chance this would stack?  Seems like it would be too good to be true if you get 4 cruise credits for a single solo cruise. 

I have some credit to burn which would allow me to more or less due this trip for free / a really low cost.    

Anyone else try and do something like this in the past or have any thoughts?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MattnTricia said:

We have Discovery Princess booked in February and I am considering a quick solo  cruise out of Seattle / Vancouver to enhance status to platinum.  All I can find is you must pay the single supplement on a cruise in order for the number of cruises to be doubled. Has anyone done this?  How do you confirm the single supplement?  I see that the cruise I'm looking a is doubling the fare for me being sole - Im assuming this is it but I am not sure. 

Once you book and put a deposit down, you can check by logging into your Captain's Circle Account, clicking the link with number of day you have credited, which will open up a list of your past and future cruises.  Check the Cruise Credits column to see how many cruise credits will be awarded.  Extra cruise credits earned for solos, suites, and multi-segment cruises populate right away for future cruises.

Per the T&Cs of the loyalty accelerator promotion, any additional cruise credits earned through the program will credited upon completion of the cruise.  There is no way to check pre-cruise the number of additional credits will be awarded by purchasing a Plus/Premier package fare during the specified timeframe of the promotion.

5 hours ago, MattnTricia said:

Today I now see this double the love promotion which say it will double the number of credits earned from Aug - December which is when the cruises I was looking a are scheduled if you add the plus package. Any chance this would stack?  Seems like it would be too good to be true if you get 4 cruise credits for a single solo cruise. 

I have some credit to burn which would allow me to more or less due this trip for free / a really low cost.    

If you book a cruise as a single occupant you recieve two cruise credits. With the "double the love" promotion, it states that it doubles both the days cruised AND the number of cruise credits......so yes it would seem that you would receive 4 cruise credits as a single cruiser.

7 hours ago, MattnTricia said:

I am Platinum and I certainly wouldn't outlay money to get there as there are very few decent benefits. You say they are cruises you want to do so you have nothing to lose but don't expect the sun to shine any brighter because you are Platinum.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MattnTricia said:

I have the same situation and needs, and confirmed with my CVP that solo will stack to four credits under this promotion. I even booked the same cruise you are considering, and got the cheapest Suite available, for a total of 6 credits after doubling. 

Is it smart economically? Maybe not. But it puts me to Elite (and free laundry) ahead of my 28-day. That’s priceless. I have no desire to spend any portion of my dream vacation doing laundry or battling for an empty machine. 

Fortunately we all get to make our own choices as to what suits us best. Good luck!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MattnTricia said:

Your Captain's Circle Account which shows the list of cruises completed and number of cruise credits received will show this Future cruise, and how many credits you are due to receive.

Four sounds like the correct number. 

2 minutes ago, Ellipooh said:

I have the same situation and needs, and confirmed with my CVP that solo will stack to four credits under this promotion. I even booked the same cruise you are considering, and got the cheapest Suite available, for a total of 6 credits after doubling. 

Is it smart economically? Maybe not. But it puts me to Elite (and free laundry) ahead of my 28-day. That’s priceless. I have no desire to spend any portion of my dream vacation doing laundry or battling for an empty machine. 

Fortunately we all get to make our own choices as to what suits us best. Good luck!

For us, the laundry benefit is everything. 

Last couple long haul cruises we've had close to $1k in laundry charges zeroed out. 

• Like 1

On 7/2/2024 at 6:52 AM, Ellipooh said:

What is considered a full suite for this cruise to get 3 credits? Assuming you got Vista Suite?  

For us the priority tenders, Laundry, and 50% wifi as my wife doesn't drink so it makes it easier for us not to do Plus / premier every trip.  getting to Elite for our first trip to Europe in 2026 would be a nice perk for us