Cruise Booked QM2 and Some Questions

ovccruiser

As the title, I have done 17 or so cruises on Cunard over the years but not been on since just after covid. A few questions I could do with some help on, internet access used to be so many hour depending on your loyalty level, I see now this is done on a daily level. Can you have some days on and some off or does it have to be continuous, we are diamond level so get a good chunk to spend on the internet. We prefer to dine in the Lido at night, is this still split into different restaurants at night. 

Any advice will be appreciated.

8 minutes ago, ovccruiser said:

As the title, I have done 17 or so cruises on Cunard over the years but not been on since just after covid. A few questions I could do with some help on, internet access used to be so many hour depending on your loyalty level, I see now this is done on a daily level. Can you have some days on and some off or does it have to be continuous, we are diamond level so get a good chunk to spend on the internet. We prefer to dine in the Lido at night, is this still split into different restaurants at night. 

Any advice will be appreciated.

You can purchase a package for the duration of your cruise under two levels either before via MyCunard or once onboard but it is for the duration of the trip;

Essential (No streaming)

Premium (Streaming)

Or, there's a daily (24 hour) package which might be better suited for using credits for internet. You should be able to share this between devices too if one of you logs out and logs back in:

"24-hour plans can be purchased once on board; these have higher prices per day than full voyage plans."

• Like 1

The King's Court still has the rotating theme 'pop up' between the 'C' and 'D' staircases port side.

For the internet - we plan on stretching our allowance by purchasing alternate days as each purchase is for 24 hours. [afternoon of day 1, morning of day 2 == one 24 hour purchase]

Back in 2022 we purchased an entire voyage [26 nights] package but could only apply one world club internet credit, the other was unused.

• Like 2

The duration internet package is for the remaining days of the cruise and you don't have to purchase it on embarkation day. I usually wait until the following morning to purchase the plan and save a day's worth of charges. The duration plan's cost goes down with every day you wait to purchase.

Edited by GlennR
  • Thanks 3

49 minutes ago, ovccruiser said:

Thanks for the replies, one more though. Do they still have the jazz trio in the Chartroom about 9:00pm each night?

That is quite likely, it may not be the Chart Room, but it may be somewhere similar. There was a quartet on my Crossing in December, and in the more recent thread linked below, it was the Mark Hodgson Trio, typically 8:45 in the Chart Room. The do rotate those acts around, so on one night there may be no jazz, but the next day they may be lunch and evening jazz.

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/3014508-live-almost-from-qm2-transatlantic-june-23-to-june-29/

1 hour ago, ovccruiser said:

Thanks for the replies, one more though. Do they still have the jazz trio in the Chartroom about 9:00pm each night?

Yes. They played every night in the Chartroom at 8:45pm on the June 9th-15th sailing; the Vlad Zincenko Trio.

Edited by *Miss G*
  • Like 1