Coral Princess - select dining time MDR reservations

Has anyone been able to book other than 5 or 7:30 dining and only in Provence DR? Thinking this means only 2 choices available: anytime in Bordeaux DR or set times of 5 or 7:30 in Provence. 

Posted (edited)

@kluv2cruz This is the information that I have based upon other posters that have made a reservation . of course this has just been compiled by others, so accuracy maybe?. But it’s the best information available as other cruise critic members post.

Coral Princess 

Provence-Traditional 5 pm ( shared table)& 7:30 pm( private table)

Bordeaux- reservable 5 pm-8:20 pm every 20 minutes  & walk ins

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kluv2cruz said:

Has anyone been able to book other than 5 or 7:30 dining and only in Provence DR? Thinking this means only 2 choices available: anytime in Bordeaux DR or set times of 5 or 7:30 in Provence. 

For our cruise on the Coral in Jan. 2025, Provence is traditional dining only with seating times of 5 and 7:30. If you want to dine at another time, you chose the Bordeaux DR. You can either reserve a time in advance (reservation available from 5 p.m. on, every 20 minutes) or you can walk in. I would imagine if you walk in and there is a wait, you will get a buzzer that will let you know when your table is available.

Thanks @coopco and @arizonaperson. I’m not seeing the option to reserve a time for Bordeaux. It says “Sorry! There are no available time slots for this date.” I’ve played with different dates and no option to pick a time.

I have preventatively booked us at 7:30 in Provence dining room, but that’s just so late! Would prefer 7 and as there are 7 of us I’m nervous to leave it to “walking up” each night! I didn’t want to ask my TA to try if it’s just not going to be an option that’s offered.

Was willing to assume it was new dining time rollout hiccups but thought I’d see what others experience on this specific ship have been.

I am booked on the Coral for the world cruise Jan 2026.  I just booked dining. Interestingly the Provence dining room has reservation times every 20 minutes and Bordeaux has no times available.   Also. Sabattinis is listed as $55 each and Bayou is $ 63.   Are you kidding??  

• Thanks 1

We are booked in the Provence Dining room for 5:00 pm for a private table for 6 for the week of our cruise on the Coral in September, 2025.

• Thanks 1

Interesting. @CRUISER94044 has a reserved time of their choice in Provence and @Jewel22 has set dining at 5pm in Provence. I have 7:30 reserved dining in Provence but would like a slightly earlier time but don’t get other options in either dining room! It’s like Bordeaux is going to just be used for walk ups. Time will tell!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kluv2cruz said:

Thanks @coopco and @arizonaperson. I’m not seeing the option to reserve a time for Bordeaux. It says “Sorry! There are no available time slots for this date.” I’ve played with different dates and no option to pick a time.

I have preventatively booked us at 7:30 in Provence dining room, but that’s just so late! Would prefer 7 and as there are 7 of us I’m nervous to leave it to “walking up” each night! I didn’t want to ask my TA to try if it’s just not going to be an option that’s offered.

Was willing to assume it was new dining time rollout hiccups but thought I’d see what others experience on this specific ship have been.

Are you using the app or going online? I just checked on the app and the times are showing for our cruise on Coral for Jan. 2025. Are you using an Apple or Android if using the app? I have an iPhone but my husband has a Samsung and he has more complaints about the app than I do. If using an Android do you know someone with an Apple product you can borrow for a short time? The other thing I wonder is folks from other countries sometime complain that they can’t do things others in the U.S. seem to be able to do. Not sure if that’s going on. I would delete the app, download it and sign in and try again. Ignore error messages and keep trying. I deleted my app two times. I tried on my iPhone and iPad. I got many error messages including that times were not available, cannot load times, and you need to be Elite or Platinum to book (we are Elite so I knew that error message was wrong). Eventually I was able to book. When you go to the Bordeaux DR, does it say cannot load times? Click on the arrow back button and then click on the Bordeaux DR again to see if times load. Close the app completely and reopen it. It takes a lot of patience and persistence to make these reservations because the app is really glitchy at this point.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, coopco said:

For our cruise on the Coral in Jan. 2025, Provence is traditional dining only with seating times of 5 and 7:30. If you want to dine at another time, you chose the Bordeaux DR. You can either reserve a time in advance (reservation available from 5 p.m. on, every 20 minutes) or you can walk in. I would imagine if you walk in and there is a wait, you will get a buzzer that will let you know when your table is available.

I cannot reserve any MDR reservation for a Private table before 7:20 for our October sailing on Coral.  And then I can't reserve any private tables at any time after Oct. 29th.  Our sailing goes until 11/17

Edited by suzyed

2 hours ago, kluv2cruz said:

Interesting. @CRUISER94044 has a reserved time of their choice in Provence and @Jewel22 has set dining at 5pm in Provence. I have 7:30 reserved dining in Provence but would like a slightly earlier time but don’t get other options in either dining room! It’s like Bordeaux is going to just be used for walk ups. Time will tell!

IMG_3356.thumb.png.211252ca77f8950e4fe6e636551e8ebc.pngThis is how it looks for me.

4 minutes ago, suzyed said:

I cannot reserve any MDR reservation for a Private table before 7:20 for our October sailing on Coral.

Sounds like maybe the early private tables are all taken for your cruise. For our cruise anytime reservable, private tables are still available depending on the time but your cruise is a few months earlier.

Just now, coopco said:

Sounds like maybe the early private tables are all taken for your cruise. For our cruise anytime reservable, private tables are still available depending on the time but your cruise is a few months earlier.

They were all unavailable early July 1st.   Not ever any availablitlity.

3 minutes ago, suzyed said:

They were all unavailable early July 1st.   Not ever any availablitlity.

Sounds like a computer glitch then. Is that surprising to anyone 😀???

I find this all very interesting.  I tried again and still do not have any times available in Bordeaux, but there are still times available in Provence.  Maybe they are doing something different for the world cruise?   

1 hour ago, CRUISER94044 said:

I find this all very interesting.  I tried again and still do not have any times available in Bordeaux, but there are still times available in Provence.  Maybe they are doing something different for the world cruise?   

Today,about ten minutes ago I reserved our dining times in the Bordeaux Dining room on the Coral. Same time each night for our 23 day cruise next April.

Hope this is some help.:classic_smile:.

2 hours ago, SSAtlantic said:

Does anyone know where reserve class will be?

Good question.  I would guess the reservable/walk up, but who knows.  I have such good memories of sailing on the Coral.  I'm following everyone's problems here with deep sympathy.  (I guess you can always revert to the beautiful buffet!)

3 hours ago, SSAtlantic said:

Does anyone know where reserve class will be?

Last year it was Deck 5, Bordeaux, starboard side.

One section very slightly elevated above the other, separated by a low railing.

As this was a long cruise people were onboard a long time, and after a while would often head to the same area and table (if available).

I would normally have breakfast & lunch in the lower section and dinner in the upper.

No real reason.....just a habit I got into.

2 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

@ceilie1 so on Coral Princess April 2025 Bordeaux DR was for reservable dining every 20 minutes time slots?
That is what I have compiled on a different thread.

Thanks.

Yes, the times for the Bordeaux DR were in 20 minutes time slots.I selected 6:00 p.m. every night and it was done for each of the 23 days.I was not able to make any reservations up until yesterday when I tried for one evening to make sure it would go through and stay.Then today booked all the days.

• Thanks 1

Thanks all for the super helpful comments! I’m using an iPhone and have deleted and reinstalled the app. Interestingly, I asked the TA to see if she could, and she was told large groups aren’t able to book anything other than traditional times. Well that theory, although it does have some logic, can’t be right because I was originally looking at just my reservation for 2 people. But when I added my friends (now 7 of us) it still doesn't show availability. I'll try the web version and my ipad. Sailing isn't until Sept 2025 so lots of time to fuss over this!

The day after Princess reopened the reservations for dinning I was able to book 5:40 reservations in the Bordeaux dinning room for my group for every night of our Panama Canal Cruise. It took a while with lots of error messages, but I was able to accomplish the task.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ghgeckos said:

The day after Princess reopened the reservations for dinning I was able to book 5:40 reservations in the Bordeaux dinning room for my group for every night of our Panama Canal Cruise. It took a while with lots of error messages, but I was able to accomplish the task.

So weird! But great for you! I’ll keep trying and meanwhile I have 7:30 booked. If nothing else maybe we can change when onboard. Lots of time still!