Greand Turk?/ Half Moon Cay?/ Nassau? Oh MY

phatkittykat

Hi all. Going on my first cruise in June. Our first stop is Grand Turk. Has anyone done Grand Turk? or Half Moon Cay? which is more interesting?

Is Nassau the icing on the cake? We are a couple in our 40's with 2 children(girls) ages 7 and 17. I like the old (buildings and history) my husband likes the beach thing, my 7 year old just likes to go and be busy, and my 17 year doesn't know what she like until she done it and its over with although she does want to parasail. would love to hear any suggestions or stories.

The Sensation cruise leaving today was SUPPOSED to be the first Carnival ship to dock in Grand Turk Island, but due to mechanical problems they are doing Freeport instead. If you look at the Ports of Call board for Bahamas you will find some info.

Some other lines (HAL I think) have already been to Grand Turk. Check them for more info. THe Turks and cacios are known for snirkeling and diving, not much else, though there is a new cruise center on Grand Turk. HNC is also a beach stop. Good luck!

Archived