Pacific Rim

1 hour ago, papaflamingo said:

We were on Grandeur in Jan. and they had Sake, both filtered and unfiltered.

Like hearing that….merci.

• Like 1

I was on Splendor November 2023 and loved Pacific Rim.  Had both hot and cold sake.  I had 3 reservations but all were 8:30pm at shared table and everyone enjoyed the meal and service was a bit slow but no one was in a rush and we were usually one of the last tables to leave. 

I can’t remember what I had but here is so food pics from one Pacific Rim dinner - note the hot sake!

IMG_0014.thumb.jpeg.61f1cdf2a4a7cdadf5b3c844123dafe0.jpegIMG_0013.thumb.jpeg.34424a3f8853f3089d1eedd70f5d2999.jpeg

Pro-tip: Pacific Rim's Lemongrass Ginger tea is delicious. We always ask for a few extra bags to take back to the room, as PR's the only place onboard that has them. 

• Like 2

GMIAC:  

Great minds think alike.  My wife exercised that extra ginger tea option on both of our recent Splendor visits detailed above. Tea (not sake) is her companion while enjoying dessert at any Regent venue.  Yes, I had a wee nibble of the brew at PR.  

She left that venue literally holding the bag (three extra tea bags) for later brewing in our Suite. No need to ask for the extra bags at the conclusion of our second visit; Staff remembered.  

And, as an aside:  Consider matcha ice cream for dessert.  Ours were served in three flavors:  green tea, mango, and strawberry.  Refreshing.  

GOARMY!

On 7/9/2024 at 10:22 PM, carolcp said:

I ordered 4 appetizers to share with the table. One entree and the rice for myself. . Others at the table ordered two entrees (one is a body builder). Didn’t get my water refilled. 
The servers had multiple tables to take care of  and they didn’t linger too long anywhere. 

so besides the lack of attention I found my entree inedible.

Presuming the service and food was as bad as you say, (I have no doubt it was in your experience), I would have gotten up and promptly walked to Compass Rose to have had a good meal.