Gty cancellations

4 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

I did find this article about Royal turning away people because of an oversold cruise:

Royal Caribbean overbooks cruise, turns away guests at Brisbane port | news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site

And this was solely due to a covid breakout among the crew and they needed extra isolation beds to follow Aussie covid rules. It had nothing to do with overselling the cruise, despite the headline. 

18 hours ago, cruisinfanatic said:

Not once have I ever seen an assign cabin change. Show your proof

We were on the Wonder of the Seas, March 2023. We did not get bumped, but several in the Roll Call (F Book) did receive this notification. Most were Guarantees, but a few were not. Several local Floridians took the offers. 
I agree this is extremely rare, this was a Spring Break cruise. 

IMG_E0E725BA5906-1.jpeg

I believe that cancellations on GTY staterooms doesn't happen too often.  You hear of only the situations where there HAVE been issues, not the many, many cruises with no problems at all.  My husband and I have booked GTY staterooms a number of times and never had a problem.  Actually, with what RCCL offers you in the event they ask if you can reschedule/cancel your trip, I would do it in a heartbeat.  They are MORE than generous.  

1 hour ago, Mom*3 said:

We were on the Wonder of the Seas, March 2023. We did not get bumped, but several in the Roll Call (F Book) did receive this notification. Most were Guarantees, but a few were not. Several local Floridians took the offers. 
I agree this is extremely rare, this was a Spring Break cruise. 

IMG_E0E725BA5906-1.jpeg

This happened a few times as RC underestimated their post-covid overbooking thresholds.

But I don't believe there were any concrete reports of someone getting bumped as a result. They always had enough volunteers to switch cruises.

• Like 1

Please note, there is a difference between being denied boarding, at the port, and being "bumped", which some here seem to be confusing.

Many years ago, we were called three or four days before our cruise, and asked if we would be willing to cancel and reschedule, with certain benefits. Initially we were not, but when we called back, we accepted, and everything was done, generously and efficiently. I believe we were singled out because we were one couple, and we had booked air and transfer through the cruise line. They took care of everything.  No regrets on our part.