Self Explore Half Moon Cay

Hello! 

I will be visiting HMC this coming November. Have been looking at some of the excursions being offered through HAL particularly the kayaking and hiking. 

Just curious, do I actually need to book excursions for these activities? Or is it possible to do them on my own? For example can I simply rent a kayak and go paddle on my own? And are the hiking trails marked and available for self exploring? 

Also is there a beach area that doesn't require renting a cabana or chair? I would like to do a bit of swimming but am not interested in renting a place to sit on the beach. 

This will be my first time at HMC So any tips are welcome. I am a younger, very active, cruiser who loves outdoor sports. 

Thanks 🚢🙂

On 7/6/2024 at 10:59 AM, BalancingWanderlust said:

Also is there a beach area that doesn't require renting a cabana or chair? I would like to do a bit of swimming but am not interested in renting a place to sit on the beach.

There are free lounge chairs on the beach, if you do wish to sit for a while.  When we were there, we did a stingray excursion first and still had no problems finding chairs on the beach afterwards. 

• Like 1