Balcony cost lower than Oceanview Alexandria/Jerusalem

we are thinking of booking the Eclipse for September 2025 and noticed a great price for balcony cabins(uk site).......who knows what next year will bring and if ships will stop at Israel ports but even if the don't I'm sure they will be replaced with some decent ones.....Anyway wondering if anyone has cruised this itinerary especially Alexandria as Celebrity is doing a 13hr round trip to Cairo taking in museums, pyramids and a boat trip on the Nile.....

Thanks for any comments

Sun Sep 7 Athens/Piraeus: EMBARK
      Depart 5:00 PM 
Day 2 Mon Sep 8 Kusadasi: DOCKED
    Arrive 7:00 AM  Depart 10:00 PM 
Day 3 Tue Sep 9 Thira/Santorini: TENDERED
Day 4 Wed Sep 10 Cruising: CRUISING

Day 5 Thu Sep 11 Alexandria/Egypt: DOCKED
    Arrive 2:00 AM   
Day 6 Fri Sep 12 Alexandria/Egypt: DOCKED
      Depart 8:00 PM 
Day 7 Sat Sep 13 Limassol: DOCKED
    Arrive 11:59 AM  Depart 7:00 PM 
Day 8 Sun Sep 14 Ashdod: DOCKED
    Arrive 7:00 AM   
Day 9 Mon Sep 15 Ashdod: DOCKED
      Depart 10:00 PM 
Day 10 Tue Sep 16 Haifa: DOCKED
Day 11 Wed Sep 17 Cruising: CRUISING

Day 12 Thu Sep 18 Mykonos: TENDERED
    Arrive 7:00 AM  Depart 7:00 PM 
Day 13 Fri Sep 19 Athens/Piraeus: DEBARK
    Arrive 5:00 AM 
  • Like 1

Sounds like a great cruise 

Hopefully you will be able to go to Israel 

I have name of a guide in Isreal with his own van , we used him on  2 cruises , hopefully he still doing tours 

IMG_7419.thumb.png.b938b32b440255c34a4c33555f712d32.png

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Sounds like a great cruise 

Hopefully you will be able to go to Israel 

I have name of a guide in Isreal with his own van , we used him on  2 cruises , hopefully he still doing tours 

IMG_7419.thumb.png.b938b32b440255c34a4c33555f712d32.png

thanks pal

Did a similar itinerary years ago and have been to most of these ports over a number of cruises.  This looks like a good but busy itinerary.  We did a long day into Cairo from Alexandria and enjoyed the sites but all agreed it would be a one and done due to all the bus travel required.

• Like 1

We are in UK and have booked this cruise for next year and have also booked the ship's excursion you have mentioned.  The price is very good for a balcony cabin and even if the ports are changed to Greek Islands we feel it is still an excellent price for a 13 night cruise. 

• Like 1

just to say its a 12 night cruise....we have this booked now and it cost us £2700 which includes pre paid gratuities...do have a concern with Alexandria as reports of pollution seems to be very bad......will see how it goes 

We are booked on the 10-night itinerary, basically the same except for the Greek ports, leaving Oct. 10, 2025. Because of this post, I looked into the pricing. We booked it in 2023 for 2024 on the Silhouette, which obviously got cancelled last year, so we decided to  switched to this itinerary on the Eclipse.  I had already repriced for a lower price in January. When I called today, it was 30% cheaper than the January price. This is cruise only - no air or packages. I almost couldn't believe it was true. I would encourage anyone on these sailings to call and check the pricing.

Even if it ends up being just a Greek islands cruise, the price for us is cheaper than a Caribbean cruise.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gordylad said:

just to say its a 12 night cruise....we have this booked now and it cost us £2700 which includes pre paid gratuities...do have a concern with Alexandria as reports of pollution seems to be very bad......will see how it goes 

My mistake, I didn't look at your dates.  We are on a 10 day cruise departing on 19th September.  Just to let you know that on 4th July (last week) we booked Celebrity shore excursions with 20% discount and upgraded drink package with 35% discount, as the cruise is over a year away these will probably be repeated at some point, possibly Black Friday

• Like 1

20 hours ago, gordylad said:

That is a great price! With the philosophy that if your itinerary changes you will still enjoy you cannot go wrong…

We have visited Egypt a couple of times…Pollution, litter and hygiene are a concern even in the smaller towns and cities. If you can look past this it really is the most amazing country to soak up the atmosphere, culture and history. You have lots of time to look at excursions etc.

Sincere best wishes for a fantastic cruise!

• Like 1

Happens quite a bit actually--all based on demand.

We snagged AQ for less than interior on Reflection next year. $800pp w/ AI 7 days.

• Like 1

We had a similar itinerary booked for this past February but canceled when the war zones exploded. Was really looking forward to it. After we canceled they changed many of the ports to Greek Isles. Glad we canceled when we did because we've done the GI several times.

• Like 1