Adding a 2nd person to a reservation

Posted (edited)

Has anyone booked a single in a cabin and then added a 2nd person after making the reservation? Did it mess up your reservation or did you lose any benefits, etc..? Awhile ago I booked a regular cabin as a solo, paid the extra for a single, etc..  A friend is interested in going and sharing my cabin. I'm going to call NCL and ask about it (I already booked the Vibe (it's still available) and some excursions. I figured I would ask here, because as everyone knows, sometimes info from the NCL people isn't always accurate. My friend said if it's a hassle, and messes up my reservation she won't go, or at least won't share a cabin with me. Thanks in advance.

Edited by genealogyfan
added words\

8 minutes ago, MeHeartCruising said:

What would the pricing look like NOW if you booked 2 people using current rates?  Compared to what you already paid.  Therein lies the answer.

It's cheaper still with splitting 2 versus one, but yes that's a good question. Final payment isn't due yet (reservation is next year). 

2 minutes ago, genealogyfan said:

It's cheaper still with splitting 2 versus one, but yes that's a good question. Final payment isn't due yet (reservation is next year). 

if still before final payment and it’s to your advantage, just do it.  They will treat it as a fresh booking with no issues.  They may or may not re-use the same booking number.  No different than if you cancelled and rebooked with your friend.  Unless you are booking under European rules.  I didn’t see where you are. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MeHeartCruising said:

if still before final payment and it’s to your advantage, just do it.  They will treat it as a fresh booking with no issues.  They may or may not re-use the same booking number.  No different than if you cancelled and rebooked with your friend.  Unless you are booking under European rules.  I didn’t see where you are. 

In the US. Thanks, I'll call NCL and ask.

And honestly, it's better to do this sooner rather than later. Sometimes people aren't allowed to add people to their cabins because the life boat capacity for that muster station is reached.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks all - I just added the 2nd person. It was easy to add a 2nd person, didn't lose any benefits etc.. It was easier then I thought and it's saving me alot of money.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MeHeartCruising said:

I did this several years ago - there was no modification to my original reservation, other than adding taxes, etc. It was not treated as a fresh booking, more like a name change - from nobody to the person I was adding.

• Like 1