Bringing Drinks on Board - B2B

HBDave

We have a Celebrity B2B cruise booked, and I have a few questions regarding bringing drinks on board on embarkation day and when in ports.

I know we can bring 2 bottles of wine onboard during embarkation day. (I’m assuming they must be under 1 liter each).  Will we be able to buy 2 more bottles on turnaround day and bring them onboard?

I know they will confiscate and hold any alcohol purchased in destination ports. Can we bring non-alcohol drinks back on the ship purchased in ports?

If we were to purchase 2 bottles of wine in a port during the first leg of the B2B. Would it be possible to have those returned to us on turnaround day and declare those as our 2 bottles for the second leg?

Sorry for all the questions. We’ve always purchased AI in the past, but now that we’re Elite, the fact my wife drinks very little and that Celebrity keeps bumping the price of AI and now excludes Tips, we thought we’d give this a try.  

PS: I now prefer Princess Plus Package over Celebrity AI. It’s $60 per day and includes Tips, drinks up to $15, standard Wi-Fi and lots of other perks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, HBDave said:

We have a Celebrity B2B cruise booked, and I have a few questions regarding bringing drinks on board on embarkation day and when in ports.

I know we can bring 2 bottles of wine onboard during embarkation day. (I’m assuming they must be under 1 liter each).  Will we be able to buy 2 more bottles on turnaround day and bring them onboard?

generally yes.

I know they will confiscate and hold any alcohol purchased in destination ports. Can we bring non-alcohol drinks back on the ship purchased in ports?

yes

If we were to purchase 2 bottles of wine in a port during the first leg of the B2B. Would it be possible to have those returned to us on turnaround day and declare those as our 2 bottles for the second leg?

probably but no guarantee

1) Yes

2) Yes

• 3) Usually, yes, and you don't have to declare anything if delivered to your cabin; You just put them in your bag if you change cabins, and the stewards will move it. Just tell them you get off the ship during the day.

Posted (edited)

If you purchase duty free liquor anywhere during the cruise it will be available in your cabin on the last night of that cruise.   I am sure if you bought wine in a port it would also be the same.   

If you are purchasing duty free alcohol to take home  the limit isn’t per cruise.  I applies to a 30 day rolling period.  The same with the duty free exemption on merchandise.  This is for the US Customs.  

Put the wine limit for 2 in each carry on, and in each bag of luggage.   Then what you buy during the cruise in the ports, or their shop adds up.   Sometimes I have brought liquor on board from a port and it was just passed thru. ( actually told to drop off at the table  but just kept walking 🙄).   If they confiscate your wine what are you losing?   Worth a try. 🤷‍♂️🤗👍 🤫 

Edited by miched