Couldn’t match membership during check in process

While doing the check-in for an upcoming cruise with the Ascent, the system didn’t recognize my member number so I don’t have any status right now in my boarding pass.

It is not a problem for the check-in process at the port itself but I would like to have it arranged in my cabin card when I board the ship and have the happy hour linked to my card :)

The app shows my status and also my member status, but it all disappears when I do the check in.

Did anyone have this experience before? What is the best way to sort it in a faster way? 

PS: my family has Elite status and it recognized the member number but the boarding pass shows Preview. What is wrong with Celebrity IT?

I have not had this happen but would either phone Captains Club or go to Guest Services when you get onboard. 

As to your second question ...  Celebrity's IT department is probably one or two people who get pulled in a million different directions and don't have sufficient staff to make changes AND test. But who am I kidding,  no one tests anymore. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

If once you board the cabin card does not reflect your correct status, just have your account number(s) with you and go to Guest Services and they can assist in having it corrected.  Worst case you may have to talk with the Captain Club rep on board, but it can be corrected so that you will receive your full benefits and cruise points.

Just to add, with the recent RCCL / Celebrity benefit reciprocity realignment, your issue may be that they are still catching up internally with upcoming cruises booked prior to the conversion date of June 5.  On our recent Eclipse cruise, our planner and check in process did not show this correctly with us, but our cards were correct when we boarded.

Edited by leaveitallbehind