Getting medallions sent to you

ShelleyK

1 hour ago, Esprit said:

I'll happily collect mine at the embarkation port. Just can't be bothered with all the faffing about for the sake of a couple on minutes saved in the boarding process.

The "faffing about" by those who participate is a choice. You can simply not worry about it and if it doesn't show up in time then you're back where you started in the blue lane anyway.  The $10 charge without a package on the other hand is a perfectly valid reason to not order them.

1 hour ago, Esprit said:

I'll happily collect mine at the embarkation port. Just can't be bothered with all the faffing about for the sake of a couple on minutes saved in the boarding process.

As you live in the UK you have no choice in the matter. Princess only ships Medallions to US and Canadian addresses. As you say, not a biggie anyway.

• Thanks 1

On 7/11/2024 at 11:05 AM, ShelleyK said:

Does getting your medallion sent to you ahead of the cruise really help with embarkation? Is it worth the postage? (Did not opt for pkgs to get it free) Does it help speed up the embarking process?  It's been several years since I sailed with Princess, so this is new for me. 

Thanks!

ShelleyK

We have opted to pick up at the port on the last two cruises because we were going into the port city several days ahead of time and did not want to worry about it coming to our house. It did not make much difference in time at Sydney, Australia or Quebec City.