OBSERVATIONS FROM THE POOP DECK SEASCAPE JULY

4 hours ago, lahlah57 said:

No one could find fault with anything you may say because you prefaced yourself into oblivion! Congrats! 😇😆

1 hour ago, lahlah57 said:

I agree with Oscar Wilde in regards to texts......texting "always" is a setup for being misunderstood. 

1 hour ago, lahlah57 said:

Wives never use the word "clever" to describe husbands unless you actually meant "aggravating".

You have cordially been accepted into the Fraternity/Sorority Club of Ultracrepidarians of which neither of us would join voluntarily having either of us as a member. (paraphrase Groucho)

3 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

You have cordially been accepted into the Fraternity/Sorority Club of Ultracrepidarians of which neither of us would join voluntarily having either of us as a member. (paraphrase Groucho)

Well.....the young man knows the rules but the old man knows the exceptions~~Oliver Wendell Holmes 

Part Three. Many things could be attributed to cut backs of staff on all cruise lines, but we did not observe the same degree of slovenly inconsiderate behavior from fellow passengers on either MSC’s Explora 1 or Seascape’s Yacht Club. For example on the pool deck is a sign prominently displayed (see photo below) and see all the entitled chair hogs (see video). Granted there are chair hogs on every cruise line, but not to the number and degree we found on Regent Seven Seas Grandeur.

Next, let’s look at our welcome at the terminal. There is no separate welcome for suite guests, we are lumped in with steerage. We have this self service table set up (see photo) and if one desires something more substantial there are two vending machines in the far corner of the terminal (see photo). Compare this with our butler service in MSC terminal (see photo).

There would not be the need for cleaning up after if the guests were more high class. First see our neighbors placing their soiled dishes out into the hallways instead of calling room service to pick these items up. No consideration. (See photos) Others discard empty drink glasses in hallways and walking tracks. Soiled napkins tucked on top of clean towels, crumps on lobby furniture (who eats in a lobby?)

There is something wrong with the hype, the advertising, the staff culture and the passenger demographic not matching. Better cruise lines exist for much less. MSC Yacht Clubs for one thing.

POOLEDQTE.jpg

RGNTSS.jpg

RGNTSNCK.jpg

BUTLER.jpg

RGNTHLL.jpg

RGNTSLOB.jpg

SLOBS4.jpg

SLOBS2.jpg

SLOBS3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The purpose of these posts is to entertain and expose the truth that one need not spend a lot of hard earned money on so-called luxury cruise lines when one can spend so much less for MSC cruise products and get better service to boot.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Bgwest said:

image.jpeg.55532a3c612e75811c1cd7cc79c70751.jpegWhen I observe such slovenly behavior, I will always slide the tray(s)/dishes directly in front of the offenders door. 

I haaaaate when I see this!

It never dawned on me to do this....it feels so wrong!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bgwest said:

image.jpeg.55532a3c612e75811c1cd7cc79c70751.jpegWhen I observe such slovenly behavior, I will always slide the tray(s)/dishes directly in front of the offenders door. 

17 minutes ago, lahlah57 said:

I haaaaate when I see this!

It never dawned on me to do this....it feels so wrong!

It sounds like the right thing to do, BUT I am afraid of 'catching' something from touching soiled dishware.

1 hour ago, morpheusofthesea said:

It sounds like the right thing to do, BUT I am afraid of 'catching' something from touching soiled dishware.

Can you nudge the soiled dishes/tray with your foot? Shoes on of course.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Gently, ever so gently, with the tip of my shoe!!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2024 at 6:38 AM, morpheusofthesea said:

Here is a 1:30 second clip  of the typical breakfast buffet on the OnePool deck. Which reminds me.... heard that Chef Sean is leaving this August and is being replaced with Chef Lisa. This will continue the better food in the YC Restaurant for the remainder of this year.

Looks great!!! We have been on the Seascape 2x over the past year ( last August and January) and this looks so much better than what we had....does a change in YC director have to do with this? 

1 hour ago, tori1022 said:

Looks great!!! We have been on the Seascape 2x over the past year ( last August and January) and this looks so much better than what we had....does a change in YC director have to do with this? 

YC Director can have influence, but it is mostly the YC chef and the maitre d'. I recall a friendly discussion with Chef Lisa and Chef Sean. Both told us that MSC approached them and made them offers they could not refuse to come over from other cruise lines. Chef Lisa was emphatic, when she said she particularly knew what Americans like to eat and she prepares with them in mind. Chef Sean reported back to his coworkers at his old cruise line of the better working conditions on MSC kitchens and said he brought over about a dozen of his top past kitchen colleagues to MSC as well.

3 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

"Chef Lisa was emphatic, when she said she particularly knew what Americans like to eat and she prepares with them in mind."

Which Americans? (Asking for a friend.)

• Haha 2

Met Chef Lisa and she is great. She used to work for RCL and definitely made YC meals more enjoyable for my family and I. She does know american tastes and we cannot wait to sail with her again. Unfortunately she in not on Virtuosa for our Europe cruise in Oct. Hopefully she will be on Meragavilia in Jan/Feb 2025 when we sail her or American in May/June 2025.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I hope this means they can do grits correctly.

I am referring to our neighbors to the north and south of our 'used to be' borders. I understand they are all Americans as well.

P.S. Our Central and South Americans on MSC are even more refined in dress and manners than North Americans.

Edited by morpheusofthesea
ps
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

I am referring to our neighbors to the north and south of our 'used to be' borders. I understand they are all Americans as well.

P.S. Our Central and South Americans on MSC are even more refined in dress and manners than North Americans.

My first MSC cruise was the Davina in 2015...steerage.  Those South Americans put the North Americans to shame.  They dressed so well...24/7.  They were in great physical shape.  The "non United States" Americans and Europeans is what drew me to MSC.  OK...the pizza also made me come back, and back..........

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I think this means she can do "bland" correctly!

I would adore good southern cooking so bland will not work for us.

Good grits is where it starts😆

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lahlah57 said:

I would adore good southern cooking so bland will not work for us.

Good grits is where it starts😆

Please tell me they have good bacon at the YC buffet. Not Canadian bacon...not English bacon but BACON!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lahlah57 said:

Please tell me they have good bacon at the YC buffet. Not Canadian bacon...not English bacon but BACON!

The best part is that you're in YC so if it's not crispy enough or not floppy enough or not 'whatever' enough, they'll make it to order for you!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Best Cat Mom said:

The best part is that you're in YC so if it's not crispy enough or not floppy enough or not 'whatever' enough, they'll make it to order for you!

😆

8 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I think this means she can do "bland" correctly!

Grits are not bland.  I love topping them with eggs over easy and crumbling bits of bacon in them.