Concierge lounge Jewel of the Sea

I was on Jewel for 26 nights in May.  CL bartender was top notch.  He went so far as to make a point of obtaining brands that were requested.  He might not have it on day one but he often would for the rest of the voyage.  

Sometimes he would go to great lengths to find a bottle of this or that, wine, beer or liquor, which sometimes meant going to different bars all over the ship to find one.  On longer cruises they can run out of some beer or wine in particular.  

The small bites offered are in warming trays, not room temperature and were tasty every night.  On wing night I made a meal out of them.  

2 hours ago, twangster said:

Sometimes he would go to great lengths to find a bottle of this or that, wine, beer or liquor, which sometimes meant going to different bars all over the ship to find one.

I've had those. One went to the crew mess to find a certain flavor of PowerAde for my son that wasn't in any of the public bars. On top of making sure there was a certain type of bourbon there for me.

He was well taken care of that week as a result.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2024 at 12:36 PM, smokeybandit said:

I'm sure it happens, but it's been a while since anyone reported that Diamonds were held out of the happy hour window.

We're on the Jewel now and I was told no diamonds are allowed during HH. Someone at the door has been making everyone insert their card into the card reader, even the ones with pinnacle tags. On the last cruise (b2b) there wasn't anyone standing outside monitoring the door.

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

We're on the Jewel now and I was told no diamonds are allowed during HH. Someone at the door has been making everyone insert their card into the card reader, even the ones with pinnacle tags. On the last cruise (b2b) there wasn't anyone standing outside monitoring the door.

Jewel right now is a "premium" route which has a tendency to attract more high level C&A numbers. I would imagine the restriction kicks in more often on those long/lean type routes instead of the weekenders or the standard 7 night Caribbean