Please Advise on Norway Cruise options

Here's a different thought:

Choose a cruise itinerary that focuses primarily on Norway. To see Iceland, fly via Icelandair, taking advantage of their stopover in Iceland before proceeding to the departure city for your Norway cruise. Stopover in Iceland | Icelandair US We did this in 2015 and our several days land time via rental car in Iceland gave us time to see the highlights of the western part. You will have more time to explore both countries by eliminating lots of sea days. Our previous Norway cruise was in early May and only 7 days r/t Southampton. That was too brief a time IMHO as you can see by my signature- Apex 12 night in 2025!

20 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Looking at a first Norwegian Fjord cruise, I appreciate that this is subjective, but would like advice on itinerary options.

First option is 7 days stopping at Haugesund, Sognefjord/Flam, Geiranfjord. Question is, does this cover the bases well enough or does it miss 'must-see' places?

If we choose a longer option, one goes up into the Artic Circle and the other includes Norway and Iceland. My inclination would be to opt for Iceland.

Any thoughts?

Hello, I've done 2 trips to Norway. 1st was on Sky Princess in June 2022. It was a 14 night 'Land of the Midnight Sun' itinerary.

Southampton - Haugesund - Skjolden - Olden - Trondheim - Honningsvag - Tromso - Lofoton Islands - Ålesund - Bergen - Southampton

With this itinerary, it really is an 'Ultimate Norway' trip. You get the best of both.... The gorgeous Norwegian Fjords in the south and the journey way up into the Arctic Circle. I simply can't put into words how beautiful the Fjords are. The scenery in the Arctic Circle is still beautiful, but it's a different type of beauty. You can certainly tell it's a harsh environment, very rugged and the midnight sun was fascinating. I would do this voyage again in the future.

Our second trip was June 2024 with Cunard Line on Queen Anne. 7 Night Norwegian Fjords. 

Southampton - Bergen - Flam - Olden - Haugesund - Southampton

The weather was absolutely perfect for our time in the fjords. Flam was outstanding. 

The itinerary you mentioned has stops in Flam and Geirangerfjord. Geirangerfjord is the best of the best. It's a UNESCO site and will not disappoint. In Flam, you could easily do the Flam Railway, which is the most scenic train journey I've ever taken.

Whichever route you take, you will not be disappointed in terms of the Scenery. Have a great trip.