Mission Control Apollo 18 Activity

If you have done this activity, can you please describe the experience and if you felt it was worth the price? Is it an actual themed room or just a tabletop activity? Is it only available once during the cruise and does it usually sell out? Are there ever discounts if booking this activity onboard? How many are on a team? We enjoy doing escape rooms in different cities but have been very disappointed with the free "escape room" activities on Celebrity. In our experience, they have been a bit disjointed and chaotic, plus the clues often don't seem to make much sense to us.

We did it last week on Oasis. Good fun in my opinion. Cheaper to book in advance. There were 12 on the team in total. Available throughout the cruise.

Everyone needs to work togrther. One clue seemed mega harder than all the others.

1 hour ago, swoopy2110 said:

We did it last week on Oasis. Good fun in my opinion. Cheaper to book in advance. There were 12 on the team in total. Available throughout the cruise.

Everyone needs to work togrther. One clue seemed mega harder than all the others.

I agree.  It definitely is a team thing but I though it was well done.  I know the clue to which you refer and it took a couple of good minds to crack it.  One other was a bit obscure and I, of course, was the one who missed it at first - LOL.  

@OceanCruise it is a themed room with many live clues and props.  We did it on our NYE cruise and at the time I think it was $35 pp booked in advance on the planner, and there were a several days and times to choose from. It is challenging enough to make the effort worthwhile, but solveable so that you can get it done.  In our case there was a crew member host who stayed in the room with us and started things off.  If you got stumped she was willing to provide a bit of a nudge or clue to assist, but did not interfere.  About half of our group were first timers and the rest had done them before.  We solved it with only a few seconds left but all thought it was fun.

Posted (edited)

I will agree with dedicated room/space.  Size ~12 participants.  Never any on-board discounts, pre-purchase is cheapest.  Number of day/time slots that show at pre-cruise purchase.

IMPORTANT, will add go to the shore excursion desk boarding day or next day, to verify your date/time has met the minimum participants.  If it hasn't that will give you the best selection to reschedule.  On our first one we were not notified until we showed up, and the reschedule selection was not the best by then.  Lesson Learned.

Edited by cruisegus
  • Like 1