Dinning options

We are booked to sail on the Diamond P  on a 7 day trip embarking Melbourne , Australia,  Nov 9th 2024.

So currently  119 days out from sailing

Just completed final payment so now  have access to the dinning reservations in the App

Trying to book for 2 people

I can book for the International Dinning at either 5:20pm or 750pm  for all days sailing

For the Savoy  and Vivaldi I can book any time slot from 5pm thru to 8:20pm on any day

However there are no time slots showing for either the Pacific Moon or Santa Fe for any of the days.

Does that mean they  are fully booked at this stage or do they open the booking for them closer to sailing?

We are first time cruisers.  We like the idea of sharing a table with out passengers.

How does that work if I make a booking that is just for the 2 of us?

Is there options we should take into account.  Eg Book same time/same restaurant etc

Lastly if we wish to attend an evening performance ( can somebody advise what time they start)  and wish to arrive in a suitable time to be able to get a seat.

What time would people suggest is a suitable dinner booking time.  We prefer around 6:30 - 7:00

Posted (edited)

@stewart_oz, Princess has just introduce new dining options whereas previously it was all ‘anytime’ dining and you could make reservations or just show up.

Princess is re introducing ‘traditional’ early/late seating dining where you are assigned a specific table and wait staff for the duration of your sailing. The other options are ‘anytime’ with reservations and walk ups.

So it appears the International dining room is going to be used for ‘Traditional’ dining 5:20 or 7:50, and Savoy and Vivaldi will be used for ‘anytime’ with reservations, which then leaves ‘Pacific Moon and Santa Fe’ for walk ups, thus no time showing available to reserve since it is walk ups. 

The Diamond and Sapphire are unique in that they have 2 dining rooms midship on deck 5 and 6. Basically they are just the one dining room on other Princess ships split in 2 with different decor. Same menu, just different decor. Originally,  they did have separate menus, then went to a specialty themed dish for each dining room, then to all having the same menu.

Not sure when shows will be down under, but most other itineraries the shows are around 7:30 and 9:30. Look at previous roll calls/lives for ships that have done down under sailings and I would think they have posted the showtime schedule.

I think the APP will give you the option if you want ‘private’ or ‘shared’ table so if you select private, you will be seated at a 2 top only for 2.

Edited by wallyj
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@wallyj

Billiant  thanks for all that.

Had not clicked thru on the app to point of the private/shared option

Can see it now

Interesting though at the moment I cannot select shared for later than 6pm  on any day.

I would have thought shared would be their preferred option

The ‘new’ reservation options were just introduced for booking at the beginning of the month after a delay from when originally scheduled.

You originally post says you are interesting in sharing a table with out passengers, so you want a private table?

There may be bugs to still work out, but currently those that want to shared table would just go to the walk up dining rooms and let the greeter know you are interesting in sharing. 

I think I read a post in the Dining thread, shared or Private was not showing available after a certain time also.

• Thanks 1

"You originally post says you are interesting in sharing a table with out passengers, so you want a private table? "

Oops  Typo   was suppose to say other  passengers  not out  .  😁

I am wondering where I can find out which dining rooms are for which type of dining on the Enchanted & the Majestic. I don't wish to book anything yet as the sailings are not paid in full. I just want to know which dining room is offering which service.

24 minutes ago, eltigre said:

I am wondering where I can find out which dining rooms are for which type of dining on the Enchanted & the Majestic. I don't wish to book anything yet as the sailings are not paid in full. I just want to know which dining room is offering which service.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, eltigre said:

Thanks @Kay S for linking my thread,appreciate it.

Also to @eltigre you don’t necessarily have to be paid in full for your cruise to book dinner reservations. Try the web version and book. Or try the app.

Thanks I can do lots on my 2026 cruise as the web version takes me straight there. I can't access my 2025 cruise. Any thoughts on how to get there on the web version?

OK I managed to back out & re enter by using my booking # not  through my account #. So add my guests with their booking #'s in the dining section does nothing. Is this the only way to get a group table together?.