Explora Destination Experiences Caribbean

These ones that just posted covered the Oct 25 transatlantic which only had Med excursions til yesterday.  Good news is look at these and you will probably have a good idea what will be offered.  

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Yep....I came to post.....many, MANY Caribbean excursions on Explora site as of yesterday.

Timing was almost exactly what my TA told me.

Edited by chill6x6

3 hours ago, chill6x6 said:

Yep....I came to post.....many, MANY Caribbean excursions on Explora site as of yesterday.

Timing was almost exactly what my TA told me.

Does anyone know if a booked excursion is cancellable and is the cost refundable thanks

8 hours ago, Waltershipman said:

Does anyone know if a booked excursion is cancellable and is the cost refundable thanks

I asked Guest Relations and they said you can cancel up to 72 hrs before.   Forgot to ask if refund was back to original credit card used.  Read somewhere on this forum that refund went to your on board account.  As long as that was refundable on board credit I guess you could get it back at end of cruise 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

I asked Guest Relations and they said you can cancel up to 72 hrs before.   Forgot to ask if refund was back to original credit card used.  Read somewhere on this forum that refund went to your on board account.  As long as that was refundable on board credit I guess you could get it back at end of cruise 

Thank you

Posted (edited)

We had an excursion we cancelled that was paid pre cruise at a sterling price (UK booking) on our credit card. The refund went to our onboard Account in Euros. At the conclusion of the Cruise as the refund had been done in euros we opted to withdraw the euros cash which was then going to be useful for some other travel plans we had rather than leave it for our credit card to convert it to sterling  

Edited by uktog
  • Like 3

Last January the excursions that I had prebooked were not available on board and I had to take a refund in cash (euro notes! )  The ones available on board were different to those previously advertised. Then you have to queue for ages to book as there were only a couple of advisors.  Also if it is 2 cruises  back to back, you can only book for the second week on board at the start of that week. The prices vary according to what you do. Basic ones were not too expensive. We didn't make Virgin Gorda due to choppy waters (it's a tender port), so if that is a port on your itinerary be careful of cancellation terms if going with a third party, because I imagine that happens regularly!  A lot of third party providers allow cancellation within 48 hours , so why not book those for now and then see nearer the time if there is something better?

On 8/17/2024 at 11:00 PM, Waltershipman said:

"Destination experiences canceled more than 24 hours before arrival at an excursion port don't incur a cancellation penalty, unless otherwise noted. If a destination experience is canceled 24–0 hours before arrival, a 100% cancellation fee will apply. The refund will be applied to your onboard account in the ship's currency."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chill6x6 said:

"Destination experiences canceled more than 24 hours before arrival at an excursion port don't incur a cancellation penalty, unless otherwise noted. If a destination experience is canceled 24–0 hours before arrival, a 100% cancellation fee will apply. The refund will be applied to your onboard account in the ship's currency."

Thank you