Discovery Princess Alaska Cruise Arrival Time in Vancouver

jewel 14

Looking for any recent travellers who have been on the Discovery Princess sailing from Seattle to Vancouver. It says the ship arrives in Vancouver at 9:45am. I thought like most cruises their arrival time would be 7:00am.  I am hoping someone who recently sailed this cruise can confirm the actual arrival time in Vancouver. I have booked flights home from Vancouver at 1:40 pm.  If this cruise actually arrives at 9:45 am will I make my flight home?

Yes that is the time listed in the cruise planner. I was hoping someone who recently sailed can confirm. It’s an unusual time and most dock in Vancouver at 07:00am

8 minutes ago, jewel 14 said:

Yes that is the time listed in the cruise planner. I was hoping someone who recently sailed can confirm. It’s an unusual time and most dock in Vancouver at 07:00am

Then that is the time they're arriving. 

Arrival times can depend on the tides. 

44 minutes ago, jewel 14 said:

This ship is a slave to the tides due sailing under the lions gate bridge. It will be close to that time

1 hour ago, jewel 14 said:

Look up the tide schedule for the date your disembarkation date @jewel 14 to see why it's arriving at that time.

Additionally, if you've made flight reservations through EZ Air, you should be guaranteed for making your flight in that time frame. 

Posted (edited)

@jewel 14, assume you are on the Sept 21 sailing? When you go to flight quotes, the earliest EZAir will let you book a return flight is 2:15, so you are cutting it a little close. 

It is doable, but you will be stressed as you should do earliest disembark as possible, suggest earliest walk off, I would take Skytrain to avoid possible traffic delays.

Hopefully ship arrives/docks as schedule AND no delays with ship getting clearance to commence disembarkation. Ship arrival time and commencement of disembarkation is not the same, my experience it has been up to an hour or later after scheduled arrival time.

Flying back to the US? You will also need to allow time to clear customs/immigration at YVR airport. 

Edited by wallyj
  • Like 1

On 7/14/2024 at 6:44 AM, jewel 14 said:

Yes that is the time listed in the cruise planner. I was hoping someone who recently sailed can confirm.

Discovery Princess is currently doing round trip Seattle cruises, so no recent cruisers can help you.  Yours must be a special end-of-season cruise if you are ending in Vancouver.

1 hour ago, sherryf said:

Discovery Princess is currently doing round trip Seattle cruises, so no recent cruisers can help you.  Yours must be a special end-of-season cruise if you are ending in Vancouver.

This is correct before it heads to san Pedro for the winter Mexico season