Transportation Between Anchorage Airport and Seward Cruise Terminal?

LEMJMcC

Just curious.  For those who've either flown into or out of Anchorage for a cruise, how did you handle transportation between the airport in Anchorage and Seward's cruise terminal?

For the inside passage, would you recommend the northbound route from Vancouver or the southbound from Seward?  Itineraries seem the same.

Thanks.

I would recommend S/B.  My answer is not related to the Inside Passage aspect, but I would rather spend the night(s) before the cruise (I always fly in a day, or two, early) exploring Anchorage then exploring Vancouver.  

As for transportation to Seward, although the train is amazing, during my last trip I took the A.C.T. Big Bus ($75 pp) to save money and did a train ride in Seward instead.

• Thanks 1

Anchorage to Seward:

The cruise line has their buses. There's also other bus services. You could do a one-way car rental with Hertz or Thrifty. The Alaska Railroad offers a train. You could arrange a private ride with PJ's Taxi.

My choice would be the Alaska Railroad, but you'll need to come in the day before.

• Thanks 1

We chose NB and I’m very glad we did. We spent two days in Seward after our cruise, and it was probably the highlight of our trip. We saved the best for last 😁 Highly recommend a Kenai Fjords boat tour!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AKStafford said:

Anchorage to Seward:

The cruise line has their buses. There's also other bus services. You could do a one-way car rental with Hertz or Thrifty. The Alaska Railroad offers a train. You could arrange a private ride with PJ's Taxi.

My choice would be the Alaska Railroad, but you'll need to come in the day before.

If you took the train to Seward, you can take it the same day; it gets in at 11:20 am. We did the train, then a 6 hour Kenai Fjords tour, then got right on the ship!

• Like 1

We took the train trip before last, this time (about 2 weeks ago), we used a private tour that included a full day, stop for a hike, go to the Anchorage Wildlife Conservation Center, etc. About 6.5 total I think, but wanted do try it instead of just making the straight drive. It wasn't the cheapest thing, but since there were 6 of us, it was well worth it. 

Believe they also have just small group (shared) direct transfers as well since when our sprinter van showed up with the name on the side different groups of people showed up. Company was called Welcome Anchorage, I think they are relatively new, but were great. 

Direct train leaves Anchorage at 0645 (checkin 0545).  They haul your luggage directly to the ship in Seward and you have about 1/2 mile walk or shuttle ride.  Arrive in Seward at 1120.  We booked the Goldstar Service.  Includes food, two adult drinks, soda, and dedicated outdoor platform.  Kids loved dome views.  We considered this an excursion - pretty expensive.  You do get to the ship before the cruise line transfers and most of the private buses.

Hilton hotel is 3/4 block up gentle hill from train station.  Decent food, near to shopping and small indoor pool.  Anchorage had a really great 4th July party with parade, carnival rides, and a ton of food trucks.