3/23 Sensation Cruise NOT Sensational

sugarstick

You can't get anything right can you?

The First World is the developed world - US, Canada, Western Europe, Japan, Singapore, Taiwan, Australia, New Zealand. The Second World was the Communist world led by the USSR.

From: http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/General/ThirdWorld_def.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_world

This is exactly right. Thanks, Don, for pointing it out.

what people don't know or understand is there was no so called refurbishment. here and an exerpt from an email I rec'd from my pvp less than an hour ago.

Yes, it was a FEMA ship and yes it has been refurbished. It went thru a soft refurbishment where only the cabins were changed out. This included: linens, bedding, wall coverings, carpeting, curtains, anything fabric.

They didn't refurbish the ship they changed all the linens and the cabins. Just booked the fantasy today and was told switched to the sensation after the fact.

what people don't know or understand is there was no so called refurbishment. here and an exerpt from an email I rec'd from my pvp less than an hour ago.

Yes, it was a FEMA ship and yes it has been refurbished. It went thru a soft refurbishment where only the cabins were changed out. This included: linens, bedding, wall coverings, carpeting, curtains, anything fabric.

They didn't refurbish the ship they changed all the linens and the cabins. Just booked the fantasy today and was told switched to the sensation after the fact.

Carnival never said they were going to refurbish after the FEMA contract. Everything I have read and heard was more like a through cleaning.

I wasn't referring to using the guarantee while still at the terminal... you can't do that. I was referring to once they got to their first port... if it was so bad, why not use the guarantee... Carnival pays for your flight, and refunds the unused portion of your cruise. Why not take advantage of it if the cruise is so bad? I've never understood that. If the ship was that bad, why not get off? If the ship had a 7 hour delay and then had so many problems, and I knew I couldn't enjoy the rest of my cruise, I would have used the guarantee... no need to spend even one miserable day on this earth if you can help it. Oh well... hindsight.

And stop using the term "raw sewage"... the person that posted that was obviously lying through their teeth (same person who was in NOLA during Katrina :rolleyes: )... there was no raw sewage... Now, there may have been discolored water, and a smell.. but that is SO MUCH different than raw sewage. I would not have liked discolored water either, but calling it raw sewage is a stretch...

Guys the guarantee is fantastic for some people but for a lot of us it just isn't practical. I work two jobs and had to use vacation days at both. My girlfriend is in grad school and this was her spring break week. That weekend was pretty much it for us at least for the next 6 months or so. That was my line of thinking at the time. I could get the guarantee but not more days off. Everyone who is saying people should have left for food etc. also has to remember that one of the major complaints by passengers was the misinformation coming down the chain to us. We were told several times boarding was about to start. I kept thinking ok, this was it. Finally after an hour or two just as I started thinking ok let me get out of here, there would be another announcement, ok boarding will be in 20 minutes. So faked out again... I know it is partly my fault for buying it after the first one but still. I wasn't about to take off because they kept the hope that the line would start moving any time alive the whole time we were there. I have said in a previous post that was probably the worst part, keeping the anticipation going for 9 hours plus everytime they announced boarding again things would get more and more cramped as people predictably made a push for the doors. Anyways, guarantee doesn't do a lot for people who don't have much vacation time. If they call my office and procure me two more days of vacation I would have taken it in a second. I just kept hoping to salvage some fun. And we did manage to salvage a bit later on. In hindsight I think Imight have actually taken the guarantee. I think looking at the big picture, a couple of weeks after the fact it wasn't really worth sticking it out. Probably should have just taken the money and started fresh on a new cruise whenever we could find some vacation time.

Carnival never said they were going to refurbish after the FEMA contract. Everything I have read and heard was more like a through cleaning.
You might want to check out what Carnival had to say:

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Articles/2006_refurbs.aspx

In part: "MIAMI (Jan. 19, 2006) – Carnival Cruise Lines’ SuperLiners Sensation, Holiday, and Ecstasy will each undergo extensive multi-million-dollar renovations following their charter to the U.S. government for Hurricane Katrina relief efforts.........."

John

Guys the guarantee is fantastic for some people but for a lot of us it just isn't practical. I work two jobs and had to use vacation days at both. My girlfriend is in grad school and this was her spring break week. That weekend was pretty much it for us at least for the next 6 months or so. That was my line of thinking at the time. I could get the guarantee but not more days off.

I understand you point, but regardless if you could have got more days or not if you were not having a good time and everything was so bad why not go home and get a partial refund so you can plan another trip when you get more time off.? Either way you lost the time off, but you might as well gotten some of your money back if it was so horrible. Just my opinion not flaming.

• 5 months later...

Archived