Marvel Day at Sea for.... non Marvel Fans

Hi,

We are sailing out of Florida and it turns out the itinerary (and cost) that fits the grownups needs happens to be a Marvel day sea cruise. It's almost $2k cheaper than a regular Disney cruise.

My daughter... could care less for Marvel and is more interested in princesses.

How is the theming? Is it too in your face? Just want to really weight our budget vs what our daughter will be most interested in. If there's enough princess stuff and the MDAS is only one day, maybe we'll just go with it.

There will definitely still be princesses, including the Royal Gathering. There will be the usual theater shows and dinner shows. It may not be possible to avoid all the theming, but there will be other things to do that don't involve the theming.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, STLCARDS82 said:

They need to bring back the Star Wars theme cruises. I check for 2025 and there's absolutely nothing.

In the past the SW cruises were added later, on occasion.  That said, I believe the Marvel cruises have taken the "space" that Star Wars had.

Edited by Shmoo here

I just booked a cruise for January 2026 to take my grandchildren on.  There was nothing mentioned when I booked as to whether this has a Marvel Day at Sea.  Is this something that is decided closer to the sailing?  My grandson would love this.

16 hours ago, sabookkeeper said:

I just booked a cruise for January 2026 to take my grandchildren on.  There was nothing mentioned when I booked as to whether this has a Marvel Day at Sea.  Is this something that is decided closer to the sailing?  My grandson would love this.

Yes, these often get added a while after booking opens.  Typically they are added to the January and February sailings (sometimes into early March) to try to draw people in during a slower time with kids back at school after the holidays.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2024 at 2:13 PM, Shmoo here said:

In the past the SW cruises were added later, on occasion.  That said, I believe the Marvel cruises have taken the "space" that Star Wars had.

Which is a shame because Star Wars has such a better audience and bigger audience than marvel

On 7/19/2024 at 10:40 AM, MinnesotaDreamer said:

Yes, these often get added a while after booking opens.  Typically they are added to the January and February sailings (sometimes into early March) to try to draw people in during a slower time with kids back at school after the holidays.

Thanks I'll start watching for news in the spring.

I went last year and there was a Marvel Day at Sea. 

Neither my brother nor I are particular fans, but it isn't really so in your face. If you like it - there's plenty to do. But otherwise you will still be able to get on with your day as normal.

There was still all the meet and greets with the fab 4, princesses etc

I would take the savings!