Volendam and cabin refrigerators

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, We_like_to_cruise said:

Is it true the lanai cabins on Volendam do not have refrigerators?

Thanks !

As far as I know, only Vista and Neptune suites on the R class ships have a fridge.

Have sailed on the R class many times, and only had a fridge in above mentioned cabins.

You can request a small fridge though in case you need to keep medication cool. But when asked for one beforehand,it was placed rather awkwardly on the little desk….

Edited by rotjeknor
Addition
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, We_like_to_cruise said:

Is it true the lanai cabins on Volendam do not have refrigerators?

It is true. You can rent one for a low price -- at least it used to be low, $5/day I believe. You will have to decide where to put it -- either on desk or in knee-bay OF the desk, placing the chair elsewhere.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crystalspin said:

It is true. You can rent one for a low price -- at least it used to be low, $5/day I believe. You will have to decide where to put it -- either on desk or in knee-bay OF the desk, placing the chair elsewhere.

Better, Do I reach out to ? Now? Our trip is a year out. 

3 hours ago, crystalspin said:

It's $2/day.  I can confirm in about a week!

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Ray4Fun said:

Yes, I believe you should book it as soon as you know you want one.  I understand they "sell out".  I will say I booked mine about six months ago, only because I happened to be calling Ship Services for something else and just booked it at the same time.

The number for Ship Services is 1-800-541-1576.  Have your booking number ready.

Edited by Alberta Quilter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, rotjeknor said:

You can request a small fridge though in case you need to keep medication cool. But when asked for one beforehand,it was placed rather awkwardly on the little desk….

HAL calls them coolers (not fridges) for a reason. You cannot count on a steady temperature for medications. I travel with a fridge thermometer, and the temps can be all over the place. I suggest anyone with meds take them to the medical center, where they will keep them at a proper temperature. Just stop in during the open hours and get what you need. Or at the least take a fridge thermometer and track the temps, so you can use the medical center as a backup. I've seen temps in the same room cooler vary from 35-degree F to 50-degree F.

If it's to keep soda and beer cold, the room cooler is sufficient.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Ray4Fun said:

I rented a fridge last year it was only $2 a day. So hopefully it's still the same.