Booking in another country

NicNata

I live in a country without Azamara representation. I have been booking through the UK site but is there any reason not to book through the US site? Cancellation fees are way lower for people who book on the US site and pricing/promotions seem different too. Has anyone done this? Is it above board? I am just curious

1 hour ago, NicNata said:

I live in a country without Azamara representation. I have been booking through the UK site but is there any reason not to book through the US site? Cancellation fees are way lower for people who book on the US site and pricing/promotions seem different too. Has anyone done this? Is it above board? I am just curious

I have done this.

5 hours ago, NicNata said:

It's completely above board. You have to remember that the protections you have in the UK are different from the US. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, tgg said:

It's completely above board. You have to remember that the protections you have in the UK are different from the US. 

You make a very good point. i can attest to the benefit of having the protections provided by UK consumer laws and the ability to access help from the ABTA . I recently successfully recovered £7k from an American cruise line when they broke the terms of their contract. I had booked the cruise through the UK. I would not have had this under the T&Cs of an American contract. My suggestion is to very carefully compare the contracts before booking.

• Like 7

Have you looked at the other options for booking in Europe on Azamara’s site? You can then compare the prices in Euros versus Pounds.

All things to take into consideration and lastly have you not considered using a Portugese travel agent! Maybe they could even get you a better deal.

happy planning 

• Like 1

On 7/20/2024 at 10:40 AM, NicNata said:

We have done this for Azamara bookings since 2019 and saved more than the equivalent of a cruise (based on what UK pricing was) across five cruises!

No problems whatsoever for us so far, and we've done similar with other cruiselines at times across the 20 years we've been cruising. Just beware that sometimes UK pricing is the better way to go, especially if it's not a huge saving to be had with US agencies.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hamrag said:

We have done this for Azamara bookings since 2019 and saved more than the equivalent of a cruise (based on what UK pricing was) across five cruises!

No problems whatsoever for us so far, and we've done similar with other cruiselines at times across the 20 years we've been cruising. Just beware that sometimes UK pricing is the better way to go, especially if it's not a huge saving to be had with US agencies.

I looked into this, and found savings were to be had with a large US agency. But the savings were not substantial, and the T&C's were somewhat less favourable than with my UK TA.

Weighing up the Pros and Cons, I decided until recently - in every case - that it was worth paying a little extra for the exceptionally brilliant support from my UK TA.

Recently, though I booked one cruise from a different UK TA because the savings were too great to ignore. But I'm beginning to regret this: the level of support is substantially inferior.

You pay for what you get. Or is it: You get what you pay for? 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, blag said:

I looked into this, and found savings were to be had with a large US agency. But the savings were not substantial, and the T&C's were somewhat less favourable than with my UK TA.

Weighing up the Pros and Cons, I decided until recently - in every case - that it was worth paying a little extra for the exceptionally brilliant support from my UK TA.

Recently, though I booked one cruise from a different UK TA because the savings were too great to ignore. But I'm beginning to regret this: the level of support is substantially inferior.

You pay for what you get. Or is it: You get what you pay for? 

YMMV, so that's OK, our savings have been substantial!

Yes, it's expressed as....You get what you pay for.

On 7/22/2024 at 12:55 PM, hamrag said:

Do you book through US travel agents, or directlty on the Azamara US website? [Not asking for a specific TA recommendation]

12 minutes ago, Huntingdon1701 said:

Do you book through US travel agents, or directlty on the Azamara US website? [Not asking for a specific TA recommendation]

Travel agents.

• Thanks 1