Custom Declaration

When cruising to Lembar Indonesia I notice the custom declaration on line has to be filled in three days  before arrival, this being the case I will not be having the internet package so it could be a problem as we will be at sea. Wondered what you guys do in this situation ? I gather R.C.C do not take care of it. Also is there any confirmation that if going to Lombock / Lembar you do not need the Tourist tax , only if going to Bali.

Cheers John 

If travelling on Princess or P&O , the cruiseline has normally provided both hard copy forms or a internet link ( with wifi) to enable pax to fill out the forms for Indonesia 

• Thanks 1

Thanks Mic, I am hoping R.C.C can produce a hard copy form on the cruise. Cant seem to get a straight answer from R.C.C.

Cheers John

2 hours ago, JohnGc said:

When cruising to Lembar Indonesia I notice the custom declaration on line has to be filled in three days  before arrival, this being the case I will not be having the internet package so it could be a problem as we will be at sea. Wondered what you guys do in this situation ? I gather R.C.C do not take care of it. Also is there any confirmation that if going to Lombock / Lembar you do not need the Tourist tax , only if going to Bali.

Cheers John 

I was on Royal Carribean last April visiting Bali and Lombok.   We did the Indonesian Visa on line 2 weeks before going.   For Bali and Lombok, we had to fill out arrival and departure on line.  I did not pay for wifi but husband and I had a free day each of wifi being Diamond.  However, as it was all new to me, I went to the Helpdesk.  I was helped with the app and did the arrival and departure declaration.   I feel for Lombok we were charged an arrival 'tax' that RCCL charged us for (may be about $13 US? each)  In Bali, I don't think we were charged extra having done the visa on line and paid for it.  Sorry, I hate all this stuff on line etc. especially when I am on a holiday, but RCCL staff were very helpful and IT help was available to passengers most mornings.   Hard copies are a thing of the past.  If we survived it, anyone can.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rassa said:

I was on Royal Carribean last April visiting Bali and Lombok.   We did the Indonesian Visa on line 2 weeks before going.   For Bali and Lombok, we had to fill out arrival and departure on line.  I did not pay for wifi but husband and I had a free day each of wifi being Diamond.  However, as it was all new to me, I went to the Helpdesk.  I was helped with the app and did the arrival and departure declaration.   I feel for Lombok we were charged an arrival 'tax' that RCCL charged us for (may be about $13 US? each)  In Bali, I don't think we were charged extra having done the visa on line and paid for it.  Sorry, I hate all this stuff on line etc. especially when I am on a holiday, but RCCL staff were very helpful and IT help was available to passengers most mornings.   Hard copies are a thing of the past.  If we survived it, anyone can.

Thank you, I also hate having to do all this on line but I guess it is now a sign of the times. I think I have got all I need to do the eVoa when the time comes. I did read that the tourist tax only applies to Bali and not Lombock so now  trying to find out if that is true.

Cheers John

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, cruiser3775 said:

The extra tax (as distinct from the eVisa charge) is only for Bali. They use it to improve infrastructure, I am told.

Thanks Cruiser 3775 that is what I read but could not find it on the official site. It is called the Bali tourist levy that had me querying if it applied to Lombock. I also notice that you need the levy for about four islands that are part of Bali . Now just to sort out the customs declaration and I will be all sorted for the cruise. Still got my fingers crossed that the eVoa will be scrapped by late October 🤞 

Cheers John

Edited by JohnGc
  • Like 1