Cabin 2465 Cat. 1A (Pictures)

Wennfred

OK...this is a question that needs answered...I have not heard anyone post about room 1201 on the Triumph...I have it booked for May 13th. It has two portholes and it the farthest forward room on the riviera deck that is also on the starboard side. So all the way to the front and all the way starboard on the lowest of the passenger decks. PVP claims the room has an upper pulldown berth and a lower twin bed...I looked on the floorplan for the riviera deck...it has a diamond on it denoting a porthole view. Nothing about bunks...pulldown...or a sofa bed or anything. I wanted to know if anyone has been in or seen what this room truly is like. Ultimately I would prefer it to be a twin and then a pulldown...not a bunkbed. We figure that worst case my roomate to be on this cruise could pull the mattress off and put it on the floor (easier to be drunk and not hafta climb up or pull down a bed).

We got a helluva deal on this room...including a military rate!

1201 is a 1A cabin. YOur agent was correct in telling you that it has an upper bed and one bed on the floor. This cabin sleeps two people. you ARE the farthest cabin forward so your walk to the food-- will be long. You will also be hearing anchors drop when the ship is "parked" its VERY loud- jsut expect it and not worry that the ship hit something.

I had that and the adjoining room on the Vic. In fact, next time you see that CCL comercial, freeze the part of the ship sailing- it is the lowest, furtherest window.

The cabin is noticeably smaller than the adjoining 1a (our kids stayed in it.)This is caused by the curve of the hull.

There was a sign under the porthole asking to keep the curtains closed to assist navigation!

It was relatively quiet, people wise. However,with moderate waves the first night, it sounded like hippos were dancing above us. This was because you could hear the waves pounding on the hull of the ship.

But hey, I paid $500 per person for these rooms (plus got stock holder credit) for a xmas cruise, so I was happy!

Thanks wennfred and zydecocruiser for the GREAT tip on these rooms. I have never been in anything less than an OV on Carnival, was going through PCD since coming back from our last cruise in April, but was informed by my DH that there was no way we could book another cruise so soon unless I got a great bargain. I just couldn't stand the thought of being without a window, so was able to snag 2462 on the Valor for Jan '07 for an inside rate. These rooms look awesome. I cannot wait!

Thanks again!

OK...this is a question that needs answered...I have not heard anyone post about room 1201 on the Triumph...I have it booked for May 13th. It has two portholes and it the farthest forward room on the riviera deck that is also on the starboard side. So all the way to the front and all the way starboard on the lowest of the passenger decks. PVP claims the room has an upper pulldown berth and a lower twin bed...I looked on the floorplan for the riviera deck...it has a diamond on it denoting a porthole view. Nothing about bunks...pulldown...or a sofa bed or anything. I wanted to know if anyone has been in or seen what this room truly is like. Ultimately I would prefer it to be a twin and then a pulldown...not a bunkbed. We figure that worst case my roomate to be on this cruise could pull the mattress off and put it on the floor (easier to be drunk and not hafta climb up or pull down a bed).

We got a helluva deal on this room...including a military rate!

This cabin has portholes, but has one twin bed and one pulldown bed from the ceiling. 1A cabins do not need to note anything about upper/lower beds, since they are supposed to be bunkbeds. So, some cabins have a special mark on them in the deck plan stating that there is a sofa bed and one twin bed. For instance, room 1207, or 1208.

There is lots of room under the bed, I didnt think to put my luggage there, so I left it behind the second window and the closet.

Fred

Thanks for the info,Fred. I was worried because a CCL rep emailed me pics of this type cabin when a friend had one, and these people had the luggage beside the dresser. When I saw your luggage also, I was concerned that maybe there was no space under the bed for the bags.

Oh what about for the Spirit!! I just booked Guarentee.....Are the rooms for the spirit like this?? I would be very interested to know

I have been on the Spirit,(loved the ship) but I have not stayed in this type of cabin until my next cruise. I believe I read that this type of cabn is only on the Conquest class ships, not the Spirit class.

Oh what about for the Spirit!! I just booked Guarentee.....Are the rooms for the spirit like this?? I would be very interested to know

No, these are just some special L shape configured cabins on the bigger ships, you wont find these on the Spirit Class ship.

Okay a lot of great info on this thread, some of it a little conflicting.

FOr those of us that are tres cheap, would like 2 lower beds that can be pushed together, 2 large picture windows (as shown by original poster) Category 1a pricing, what is the short list of ships and stateroom numbers. Can anyone summarize with any certainty.

I almost booked one of these for the Victory June 2006 sailing ( only a few weeks ago 2 were still available) but Hubby came to his senses and "offered" to keep me company so we snagged a great deal on an aft balcony!!

The porthole is small, the size of a large pizza. It is jsut large enough to keep you from getting claustrophobic. My wife and I slept apart so I don't think the beds can be combined. However, for $500 pp, I think they are a great deal.

• 7 months later...
Had this cabin on Liberty! Its great! Agents that book single passengers will place holds on these cabins, so many times they wont show up until after the agent releases them back to Carnival.

I would book this cabin over again, Had a great time in it.

Fred

WOW, I just noticed 2462 is available for our Feb. 4th cruise on the Conquest. Someone must have cancelled or been bumped up. Too late to change now, only 40 days to go.

You have up til 72 hours before you leave to make changes. Booking that particular cabin will save you money.

You can still switch cabins, call your TA if you really want it.

Do you know if there will be a penalty? I have an aft balcony, so it's not for me. My buddies are in a 6B 2470 next door, but that room looks about the same size and is about $100 less per person.

• 4 weeks later...
Do you know if there will be a penalty? I have an aft balcony, so it's not for me. My buddies are in a 6B 2470 next door, but that room looks about the same size and is about $100 less per person.

I would switch to 2465 and save the money. 2465 is a nice size cabin. :)

I 2nd that motion. It also has a larger shower. I have been in 2462 and 2465 on the Liberty and will be in 2465 on the Valor and the Liberty this year. They are quiet spacious, perfect for a single who likes a view but not the high price.

I 2nd that motion. It also has a larger shower. I have been in 2462 and 2465 on the Liberty and will be in 2465 on the Valor and the Liberty this year. They are quiet spacious, perfect for a single who likes a view but not the high price.
do you have any pics of Liberty 2462?

01/19/07 there is a post today from a guy named Scott, WITH pictures of cabin 2334 on Destiny that he was just PERSONALLY IN, and he states that this cabin has 2 lowers AND a couch, with 2 windows-and the pictures PROVE it! He also says 2335 is the same as he knew the person in that cabin.:p

You couldnt have made me happier Scott!

This is one of the nicest Cat. 1a Cabins because of its size and with 2 windows and also at a lower price then the 4a. When you enter this cabin you go down a hallway then turn right into the room, so its a L Shape configuration. Its located on the starboard side of the ship way aft, almost to the back of the ship. No noise from this cabin but it was bumpy. Could be due to choppy seas. Not really sure, but I will surely book this cabin again.

Cabin2465_800x328.jpg

Cabin2465c_775x600.jpg

Cabin2465a_800x495.jpg

IMG_7680_400x600.jpg

[/img]IMG_7695_400x600.jpg

What ship is this cabin on? It is a very nice cabin.

I thought catagory 1A was with bunk beds. Also, how did you post your pictures? I've tried many times but never got it to work.

Archived