NCL Joy New Years Eve Cruise 2024

Hi! Excited to sail for NYE for the first time! We have sailed a lot but never NYE. A couple questions for anyone who has sailed on NYE, is there a special dinner menu in the main dinning room that evening? I’ll be reserving our specialty dining and don’t want to schedule if there is something special that evening. Do they hand out any noise blowers or tiaras or should we bring our own? 

Thank You,

Tammy

• Like 1

We sailed on Joy NYE 2021. There were parties EVERYWHERE on the ship with hats, horns and noisemakers and champagne at midnight all around. We went to the biggest one on the pool deck and the countdown was on the big screen-it was so much fun. Can’t help with the dinner menu, we probably ate in the haven.

• Like 1

Lots of hats, noise makers, and balloons on our 2022/23 New Year's sailing on Getaway from Manhattan. Loads of parties everywhere, with the Atrium being the jam packed place we walked through and escaped from before midnight.

There was a late night comedy show that ended at 11:45, so just in time to thread through the Atrium before heading to bed. 

We didn't check the menu as we were in the Haven.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! We are excited to be cruising for the first time during a holiday. Have done lots of cruising but hoping a NYE cruise will be extra special. I hope the ship will still be decorated from Christmas. Our first time doing a west coast cruise as well. It will be nice to get away from the Michigan cold for a week anyway.

I'm curious what the special events for NYE will be on the Joy. Also for excursions, haven't seen any real standouts yet other than whale watching in Cabo. Any advice is welcome.

23 hours ago, chicadee11 said:

Hello! We are excited to be cruising for the first time during a holiday. Have done lots of cruising but hoping a NYE cruise will be extra special. I hope the ship will still be decorated from Christmas. Our first time doing a west coast cruise as well. It will be nice to get away from the Michigan cold for a week anyway.

I'm curious what the special events for NYE will be on the Joy. Also for excursions, haven't seen any real standouts yet other than whale watching in Cabo. Any advice is welcome.

My experience was probably a little different than how yours will be. We cruised on Getaway during New Year's 2022/2023 from Manhattan. We did find most of the decorations still up after the Christmas holiday. There were gingerbread villages, trees, lights, and other decorations. The crew did start taking decorations down about midway through our 10 day cruise, so expect to see fewer and fewer decorations as you continue on the cruise.

we did NYE on GEM a few years ago.  it was amazing.  parties everywhere for every age demographic, crew was dressed up, big balloon drop in the atrium.   we also celebrated twice, midnight on ship's time and then an hour later midnight in NYC (ship was sailing from NYC).  teh captain even came down to party in Bliss with us!!!  best ever.  then the word got out and prices went up for NYE.

NYE is a great time to sail. The Christmas decorations will stay up until the 1st. There’s no special menu, we normally always book a specialty restaurant. They will hand out paper top hats, crowns and some noise makers.. but it’s nice if you have your own. First NYE on breakaway, they actually set off fireworks. But that was a long time ago. They also start shutting down and shuttling parties to locations around 0030-01. You’ll have a great time. It’s really a wonderful party.