Blazer type jacket for hubbie for sp restaurants, including Ocean Blue????

Posted (edited)
On 7/23/2024 at 12:13 PM, mking8288 said:

If anyone is flying to/from their embarkation and/or disembarkation port, you DO want to wear long pants, whether its casual or "fancy" dress slacks or even good old denim (w/o those fashion holes by design) in the "unlikely" event of in-flight evacuation & sliding down the emergency chute.  

Wear it and you don't have to pack one into the carry-on or checked luggage, space and weight saving while traveling - plus, it should satisfy the smart casual "codes" for evening dinner onboard NCL.  

The challenging part for my upcoming cruise travel is the "dress" shoes as I really don't feel like packing another pair ... don't think my black hiking/walking boots is going to blend well together with the navy blazer, dress trouser & collar shirt - with 3 themed nights, unless we skip & dine elsewhere onboard.  

Took QM2 to NYC after our Prima TA.  They turned away men without ties.  We had only 2 formal nights.  I really didn't care for their slogan both on TV and in their daily paper:  "Dress to Impress."  Theme nights were B & W, red & gold and I've never seen so many "looks of judgment" towards say the guy who walked in a blue suit and tie dye tie!  They enforce strictly and that's what their clientele wants.

Waiters never introduced themselves and I thought NCL could run circles around the more standoff staff in the friendliness category!

Hope you and Susan have an enjoyable cruise.  Wonder if you'll have a harpist, string trio or if that's only a QM2 thing.  9:00 pm "entertainment" included Shakespeare's sonnets!  But onboard lecturers are top notch.

Edited by snorklinbarb
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, snorklinbarb said:

Took QM2 to NYC after our Prima TA.  They turned away men without ties.  We had only 2 formal nights.  I really didn't care for their slogan both on TV and in their daily paper:  "Dress to Impress."  Theme nights were B & W, red & gold and I've never seen so many "looks of judgment" towards say the guy who walked in a blue suit and tie dye tie!  They enforce strictly and that's what their clientele wants.

Waiters never introduced themselves and I thought NCL could run circles around the more standoff staff in the friendliness category!

Hope you and Susan have an enjoyable cruise.  Wonder if you'll have a harpist, string trio or if that's only a QM2 thing.  9:00 pm "entertainment" included Shakespeare's sonnets!  But onboard lecturers are top notch.

That sounds absolutely HORRIBLE to me. I don’t find dressing up like James Bond to be relaxing, but different strokes for different folks, I guess.

That said, I don’t think wearing long pants and a collared shirt to be too much of an ask. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snorklinbarb said:

Took QM2 to NYC after our Prima TA.  They turned away men without ties.  We had only 2 formal nights ... "Dress to Impress."  Theme nights were B & W, red & gold and I've never seen so many "looks of judgment" ... Waiters never introduced themselves and I thought NCL could run circles around the more standoff staff in the friendliness category!

Hope you and Susan have an enjoyable cruise.  Shakespeare's sonnets!  But onboard lecturers are top notch.

Hi, Barb with thanks for the heads up ... sounds like all is well with you, have you heard from AJ & RJ lately as we've been busy ourselves.  Been taking the online pulses & vibs from the Cunard forum and appeared there's a divine among hardcore Cunard folks about changing with the times and dressing down.  There's always the buffet and pub food option, room service is complimentary & the menu choices looked pretty good ... with long port days, we might just "fill" up from afternoon tea if the formal night gets too annoying.  

Savings from the bundled prices for the balconies vs. NCL simply made it very attractive, couldn't care less what others think and their looks - we'll see and find out soon.  And, they are going to have 6 vacant seats if Shakespeare is on.  Read something about great lectures but in-appropriate topic/subject on an Alaska itinerary - something about Genghis Khan and the Mongol Empire, surely Cunard ships do not sail anywhere near Central Asia and/or China.  

Will be a very interesting report, to say the least.  Best regards. 

On 7/22/2024 at 2:53 PM, Jetswdo said:

We are trying to pack as lightly as possible for upcoming Bliss Alaska cruise--- Usually we pack a blazer for him for night time dinners---  At Ocean Blue and Le Bistro can my husband get away with (without looking out of place) just wearing nice slacks and collared polo?  We both usually dress resort casual at night time- myself in dress capris, nice blouse, and light jacket, and hubbie in khaki slacks and polo-----  Also, for the Mexican restaurant and  Que bbq can we just wear jeans and tee, daytime stuff?  Thanks for info.  Anita

IMG_1021.jpeg

• Thanks 1