Opinions sought from Oceania regulars re pricing and cabin types

Hello Walkingsoon, the Riviera was extensively refurbished in late 2022, including all cabins. If you decide to go for either the balcony cabins (cat.B), Concierge cabins (cat.A), or Penthouse suites (cat. Ph), please note that in many of the sub categories #4, the bathrooms kept the tub and have a small shower. The other sub categories have a beautiful, big shower (no tub) in addition to extra storage, which could come in handy in a long cruise. You can probably tell that I am a shower person. I have only done 2 cruises on Oceania including one on the Riviera. It was lovely, not crowded, and not stuffy.

Let me clarify my post a little. Many B4, A4, and Ph3 have separate tubs and small showers. I have seen a list somewhere of the exact staterooms but I don't remember where exactly. The other subcategories only have big showers and extra storage.

10 hours ago, MEFIowa said:

You do realize now you're discussing those who neither have nor care about " a budget"? Ronrick1943 mentions BUDGET. And I respond by mentioning BUDGET.

So for the REST of us who do have to BUDGET.... Would this be 75% of the cruisers? 90%? I'm not filthy rich and we don't live like plutocrats. I live within my means and my budget.

Isn't that what I said?  I think no matter how much income you have, most people budget for a trip.  I know we budget what we are willing spend on a cruise, including a few days before and maybe a week after the cruise (depending where it ends).  

• Like 2

We live with a budget also. Since my poor husband married a claustrophobic we always fly premium economy to Europe and reserve a penthouse suite. However since we cruised last year and have an upcoming cruise in a week we agreed that we will stay home in 2025 and cruise from Florida in 2026. We can save up all next year and will not have expensive airfare!

• Like 1