On Board Vista, July 23 - August 2, Turkish Ovation

lorimay

56 minutes ago, Vertygo said:

I did review those, but time of excursion is not listed, just date & cost.

Bellow is the abstract from the excursion booklet that I have on file. The time is there.

SHORE EXCURSIONS
  Edinburgh (Rosyth), Scotland
ROY-002 ROYAL MILE WALKING TOUR Date: Apr 24, 2024 Time: 09:30 AM Duration: 4.25 Hrs Price: $139.00
OVERVIEW
Walk Edinburgh’s glorious Royal Mile, the medieval thoroughfare that stretches from Edinburgh Castle to the Palace of Holyroodhouse. The walk will commence at the castle’s esplanade in the shadow of the imposing fortress, the city’s oldest building. While descending the Royal Mile, you will pass a litany of historical buildings such as Gladstone’s Land, the former townhouse of a wealthy merchant that has been restored to its 17th-century splendor. You will also see Lady Stair’s House, a literary museum dedicated to the works of Sir Walter Scott and Robert Louis Stevenson, both of whom were born in Edinburgh. Upon reaching the end of the street, you will enjoy free time, during which you might explore Holyroodhouse, the British monarch’s official residence in Scotland. In the 18th century, famed novelist Daniel Defoe hailed the Royal Mile as “the largest, longest and finest street in the world.” 

4 hours ago, osandomir said:

Bellow is the abstract from the excursion booklet that I have on file. The time is there.

Here’s the page from excursion booklet in cabin-no times listed.

image.jpg

10 hours ago, osandomir said:

Definitely it’s not the way how it supposed to be communicated to you. For all of our 15+ cruises on Oceania the excursion tickets were there when we arrived in our cabin. And if any changes there was a notification letter along with the tickets. We normally check everything at this point. But in case someone doesn’t get anything there’s also an excursion booklet and a pre order form in the cabin. We always review it because changes to the prior arrangements that are different from the descriptions that were available earlier are listed there. It’s just another way to insure that everything is accurate with the tours that we had pre booked before boarding the ship.

I have had the time changed without notification. I think it was an hour or so different. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Vertygo said:

Here’s the page from excursion booklet in cabin-no times listed.

image.jpg

Then the time was listed in the pre-order form that was included in the booklet. Sorry, if you didn’t get it. I’m not arguing that it’s wrong that the time change wasn’t communicated to you. Just in response to your post trying to show others who find it difficult to find different ways confirming the accuracy of their shore excursions. And for the times it always a good idea to read what’s written on the tickets itself.

Edited by osandomir
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, osandomir said:

Then the time was listed in the pre-order form that was included in the booklet. Sorry, if you didn’t get it. I’m not arguing that it’s wrong that the time change wasn’t communicated to you. Just in response to your post trying to show others who find it difficult to find different ways confirming the accuracy of their shore excursions. And for the times it always a good idea to read what’s written on the tickets itself.

Exactly why I posted my experience to emphasize the importance of looking at excursion time on the tickets. I’m having a wonderful cruise & certainly not letting a couple hiccups get in the way of my enjoyment. Thanks for seconding the need for due diligence.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, macaroni said:

..is there only 1 9:30 pm show on the Vista?

Yes. In the main Lounge, Deck 5. This holds for all 7 ships. (Of course, there are rare exceptions to the general situation. Seen shows start at 1400 and 1730 on rare occasions.)