Booking a sold out cruise - J413

Because of my indecision the cruise I wanted is now showing sold out. I rang a TA today and they couldn't help. The cruise is 15th - 27th August this year to Norway on Arcadia. I have a very limited window with child care duties this summer and this adult cruise fits in all ways. I am checking on line on P&O website every few hours just in case one becomes available. Is there a best way to get waitlisted for this cruise? Inside/outside or balcony cabins will be fine. Any help gratefully received.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ukulele girl said:

Because of my indecision the cruise I wanted is now showing sold out. I rang a TA today and they couldn't help. The cruise is 15th - 27th August this year to Norway on Arcadia. I have a very limited window with child care duties this summer and this adult cruise fits in all ways. I am checking on line on P&O website every few hours just in case one becomes available. Is there a best way to get waitlisted for this cruise? Inside/outside or balcony cabins will be fine. Any help gratefully received.

In my experience wait listing is not helpful. Your best bet is to keep checking the website several times a day and then book online straight away. You can also ask to go on the waitlist as well but past experience tells me it’s better to check for yourself. Check first thing then several times during the day. 

Edited by Winifred 22

I think I would ring P&O and ask to be put on a wait list and also keep checking website many times a day.

Good luck, I hope something comes up but I would say your chances are very slim

Thank you all for the advice. I have just spoken to P&O (got through in 1 minute) who have added us to the wait list for all grades balcony down. The person I spoke to was very helpful and didn't say it couldn't possibly happen but we will see. I will up-date if I hear from them. Everything is crossed!

• Like 4

There is a page on face ache which lists P&O cabins for sale. If someone has to cancel and can't claim under insurance they might list it there.

BTW a friend of mine wanted to go on a sold out Cunard cruise and after calling several agents a cruise company in Southampton found her a cabin. 

Thank you, both useful pieces of information. I now have the ache page on my lap-top to keep checking. They won't accept me to seek someone wanting to offload J413 but I'll keep a lookout.

I will ring the TA in Soton, I know which one you mean. I am also chasing a Cunard possibility but their balcony cabins are silly money and that's all that is available. Perhaps the Soton TA can work her magic!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ukulele girl said:

Thank you, both useful pieces of information. I now have the ache page on my lap-top to keep checking. They won't accept me to seek someone wanting to offload J413 but I'll keep a lookout.

I will ring the TA in Soton, I know which one you mean. I am also chasing a Cunard possibility but their balcony cabins are silly money and that's all that is available. Perhaps the Soton TA can work her magic!

I just checked and the Southampton one is actually based in Blackpool

So I did a last check before bed on both P&O and Cunard. Cunard had shown sold out since early this morning but suddenly there were balcony cabins available at lower prices. Bearing in mind the time of year and the unlikely possibility of the J413 coming through I decided to book it. Now feeling a lot better that I have a holiday to look forward to and I can stop worrying about this. I will contact P&O and get removed from the wait list. Thanks again for the help.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ukulele girl said:

So I did a last check before bed on both P&O and Cunard. Cunard had shown sold out since early this morning but suddenly there were balcony cabins available at lower prices. Bearing in mind the time of year and the unlikely possibility of the J413 coming through I decided to book it. Now feeling a lot better that I have a holiday to look forward to and I can stop worrying about this. I will contact P&O and get removed from the wait list. Thanks again for the help.

Well done!  Now relax and enjoy.  Have a great time.