What time to board the ship?

vesw01

I see everyone seems to rush to be the first on the ship - is there a reason why? Did I miss something the first time? I am thinking I would rather hang out in Miami since I will have 3 sea days...... I would love to hear your opinions.......

I see everyone seems to rush to be the first on the ship - is there a reason why? Did I miss something the first time? I am thinking I would rather hang out in Miami since I will have 3 sea days...... I would love to hear your opinions.......

I came onboard with the Wedding Party, They let the VIP's in first, that was at 11:30am, While the chapel was full of people, I was all alone on Lido deck looking for something to munch on hehe. Also I was able to take lots of pictures with no one around. Thats one reason why I jump onboard first.

Before about 11:30am/after 2pm the crowds less waiting to board. Many choose the earlier time because lunch is available onboard ship...also a good time to explore the nuances of the ship before many are aboard.

Was this your 10th cruise- I only counted 9 (I think) on your listing. Just wondering how you got on so early

Im a Carnival Vacation Club member, when you check onboard check out this seminar, its like a time share for Carnival. This is one of the Perks, you get onboard first before everyone and debark first if there isnt Self Assist disembarkation.

LOL!:D

Just my opinion, but if I'm reading this correctly, then you sound like me.

Why the rush?

It does seem like most of the CCers, are all about first on board, getting the first tenders, getting off first, etc. (And I respect them all for that and their help for other CCers who are interested in that).

I'm in the minority here, but I'm on vacation.

Now, I am a lifetime cruiser (almost every year since I was five), so that may have something to do with it.

But, rush to get on?

Embarkation...

No, I'll stay in the port/hotel longer, and get lunch at a restaurant I won't normally get to eat at (and also have leisurely time to pick up and pack sodas, and theoretically "smuggleable booze" for my suitcase).

I will have many more days on the cruise to get the lido deck lunch.

Then when I show up at 2:30 or so, I barely have a line, and I get on board in about 20 minutes or so anyway.

Ports/Tenders...

Ummm,

Let all the other people "fight" for first tender off.

Not me. I'm sleeping in, (after a night of fun at Karaoke and the disco).

I've got my excursions planned already, that I can handle myself, or have scheduled for later. I've never waited in line for a tender, by the time I'm ready to go, it's all free and clear.:D

(Randi's Happy Horses - for example - love her, she's awesome, but if I sleep in, I can get myself to Victor's and hang out at the beach and meet them later. If I feel like horseback riding, great, if not, I still will pay/tip Randi and Victor's just because I wouldn't have known of the spot or how to get there without her in the first place).

Debarkation/Getting off the ship...

Last morning? Am I in a rush? No friggin way!

I've already made best friends with my cabin stewarts. I let them know, I am going to sleep in as long as humanly possibly on that last day.

I'm all packed and ready to go, but basically, wake me up when it is literally the LAST possible moment to disembark.

Never had a problem with this. They clean all the other cabins, let me sleep in, and get to me last. I wake up leisurely around 10:30 am to 11ish on that last day, and walk off with no lines.

All the other people can wait in lines to get off early, while I'll be comfortably sleeping away in my hotel on embarakation day, cabin on any port days, and cabin on disembarktion day.

No lines, and I get great sleep, and my cabin stewarts love me.

Just my opinion and viewpoint, in case there are any other CCers who don't need to be the first person in line for everything.

Curt Jerome Wild

(Yep, I'm Wild, that's one of the reasons, I make it work, so that I can sleep in:cool: .)

Ok Fred you have peaked my interest here. What is this vacation club and besides early boarding what other perks do you get, ect....

There are many post on Carnival Vacation Club on here, but in short, its their Vacation Plan with Points, no Maintence fees and its only for 5 years, a Silver Membership at 5,000 dollars will give you 20,000 points. You log on to the VIP website and use your points to cruise. 20,000 points if you book inside cabins will get you 4 to 5 cruises, so they are pretty much Pre-paid. The best part is the Perks you get while onboard, from VIP parties, Welcome gifts when you arrive in your stateroom, your own conciege to assist you with anything from priority bookin of excusions etc. meaning no more waiting in lines or at the pursers deck. First to embark onboard and debark on the last day, You also get 2 for 1 air certificates or Free Companion Fare so your partner flys for free, and 3 Land Resort Vacation Certificates that you can use within 10 years for 2 for only 299.00, 7 night stay. (Don't quote me on this but there are talks of allowing you to turn in one of them Land Resort Vacation Certificates for a cruise, not set in stone yet) Just log on to the VIP website and you can select places from the Carribbean, Hawaii, Mexico etc. On top of that, you will receive advance notice of special cruise offers on unique sailings and inaugural cruises, get first shot of sailing on a maiden voyage on a newer ships. Your family and friends can book under your membership under the Friends and Family program. My friend mike booked his Legend cruise and saved lots of cash. The list goes on, don't miss the next seminar once you get on the ship. Go to the Group seminar so you can hear questions from others. Last thing I just found out, they are working on a Finance program now to allow people to pay as they go, right now you have a few days to make your decision before you pay.

LOL!:D

Just my opinion, but if I'm reading this correctly, then you sound like me.

Why the rush?

It does seem like most of the CCers, are all about first on board, getting the first tenders, getting off first, etc. (And I respect them all for that and their help for other CCers who are interested in that).

I'm in the minority here, but I'm on vacation.

Now, I am a lifetime cruiser (almost every year since I was five), so that may have something to do with it.

But, rush to get on?

Embarkation...

No, I'll stay in the port/hotel longer, and get lunch at a restaurant I won't normally get to eat at (and also have leisurely time to pick up and pack sodas, and theoretically "smuggleable booze" for my suitcase).

I will have many more days on the cruise to get the lido deck lunch.

Then when I show up at 2:30 or so, I barely have a line, and I get on board in about 20 minutes or so anyway.

Ports/Tenders...

Ummm,

Let all the other people "fight" for first tender off.

Not me. I'm sleeping in, (after a night of fun at Karaoke and the disco).

I've got my excursions planned already, that I can handle myself, or have scheduled for later. I've never waited in line for a tender, by the time I'm ready to go, it's all free and clear.:D

(Randi's Happy Horses - for example - love her, she's awesome, but if I sleep in, I can get myself to Victor's and hang out at the beach and meet them later. If I feel like horseback riding, great, if not, I still will pay/tip Randi and Victor's just because I wouldn't have known of the spot or how to get there without her in the first place).

Debarkation/Getting off the ship...

Last morning? Am I in a rush? No friggin way!

I've already made best friends with my cabin stewarts. I let them know, I am going to sleep in as long as humanly possibly on that last day.

I'm all packed and ready to go, but basically, wake me up when it is literally the LAST possible moment to disembark.

Never had a problem with this. They clean all the other cabins, let me sleep in, and get to me last. I wake up leisurely around 10:30 am to 11ish on that last day, and walk off with no lines.

All the other people can wait in lines to get off early, while I'll be comfortably sleeping away in my hotel on embarakation day, cabin on any port days, and cabin on disembarktion day.

No lines, and I get great sleep, and my cabin stewarts love me.

Just my opinion and viewpoint, in case there are any other CCers who don't need to be the first person in line for everything.

Curt Jerome Wild

(Yep, I'm Wild, that's one of the reasons, I make it work, so that I can sleep in:cool: .)

I like your way of thinking, which is not to say that anyone else's is wrong, just different.

That sounds great to me. Everyone is excited to be off the ship at 7am - not sure why. I guess if you have a flight to catch, but I am thinking that our flight will be in the afternoon heading home...so I am not in a hurry just to wait at the airport.

Archived