Royal Up Utopia

We are currently booked in a grand suite (my daughter and I).  Yesterday there was an update your stateroom on my reservation (no email) and I can chose to bid for a Owners Suite, Crown Loft Suite, etc.

How do I know what to bid?  I thought we might be interested in the Owners Suite .  Thoughts?

1 minute ago, EbayCruiser said:

How do I know what to bid?

There's no science behind this. A minimum bid on one cruise for one cabin category may get you an upgrade, where as a max bid for another cabin on another cruise may not get you anything.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, EbayCruiser said:

We are currently booked in a grand suite (my daughter and I).  Yesterday there was an update your stateroom on my reservation (no email) and I can chose to bid for a Owners Suite, Crown Loft Suite, etc.

How do I know what to bid?  I thought we might be interested in the Owners Suite .  Thoughts?

Do be aware this is not saying those cabins are available. Someone might cancel and it's available last minute but often those suites are fully booked. 

IF, IF, IF, one becomes available at some future date (probably a few days before the sailing,) what price would you be happy to commit to? That’s really the answer.

Accepting that even IF you are lucky, you could be assigned to any room within that category, it is a binding contract once awarded, what price would make you feel happy that you had won?  

A GS is obviously a nice room that gives you all the amenities that sailing class offers. The bigger and nicer room is obviously icing on the cake at a price that is worth it to you. To me, and I suspect a lot of other people, “winning” should make you really happy and make you think “Wow, I got a great bargain that really enhanced my vacation!” All of our successful offers (3) have been what I would call “Hovercraft” bids. That is, not on the floor, but not far above it.

Truth is, that in most cases  there never was a room to offer at that level, or competition was too great to make it such a great bargain.

• Like 1

Before deciding what to bid on a particular category, first look at the price if you booked the cabin today.  Calculate the difference between what you paid and the price of the new cabin.  Don't bid any more than that difference.  In fact, I'd go only half way on that.  

• Like 1