Venice Shuttle?

Twocoasts

4 hours ago, Twocoasts said:

Has anyone used this company to transfer from Venice to the Trieste Port? 

What is the name of the shuttle company or its website?  

13 hours ago, Twocoasts said:

Venice Shuttle

There are quite a few companies with similar names. A Google search immediately throws up a couple of similar names e.g. Venice Shuttle and Venice Shuttle Service.

I just wanted clarity on the name of the business before I posted unfavourable comments.  

In June 2022 (just after the restart) we used a company titled "Venice Shuttle SNC" using the web address www.veniceshuttle.it for a transfer from our hotel in Mestre to Trieste cruise port.  Although the driver arrived promptly (actually 15 minutes before the scheduled time) and the van was spotlessly clean, we had the worst transfer.  The driver told us the trip would take 1 hour 38 minutes according to google maps and then proceeded to try to prove google maps wrong by driving exceptionally and unnecessarily  fast and doing a lot of lane meandering.  I asked him to slow down and he did slow for a short while and then gradually increased his speed until I repeatedly had to ask him to slow.  It wasn't until we left the autostrade and took the coast road for the final section of the journey that it became enjoyable.  

So, personnally I would not recommend that company.

Thank you. That is the company we received a quote from. There are so few reviews on any of the Venice transfer companies. Our hotel can arrange for one, but their quote was over 900 euros.🤦‍♀️

13 minutes ago, Twocoasts said:

Thank you. That is the company we received a quote from. There are so few reviews on any of the Venice transfer companies. Our hotel can arrange for one, but their quote was over 900 euros.🤦‍♀️

In June 2022 the price was 245 euro for a Mercedes E class, but they arrived with a MB vito van.  

How much is your quote?

1 minute ago, Twocoasts said:

500 euros for 4 adults.

At that price difference I would be inclined to 'risk it again' as it may be a different driver and being forwarned I would insist on a more sedate approach to the driving.  (Background is that DW has osteoporisis and was also in recovery after mastectomy and chemo, so was quite fragile and I was perhaps over protective).

If there is a next time we will probably use the train!

• Like 1