Free seven day cruise

kschreib

My wife and I have been sailing with Silversea, since 2006, and have amassed 307 days. If my memory serves me well,

we were  entitled to a free 7 day cruise after 300 hundred days. I returned from an Alaskan cruise, a few days ago, and was told by the future cruise consultant  that 350 days were needed. I called Silverseas today only to learn that it now takes 500 days! Unless I am grandfathered in at 300 (350?) this is seems not correct, fair, (ilegal?).

Does anyone have any information about this??\

No surprise given the new management  Royal Caribbean management continues to encourage the new potential business yet does nothing to sustain their loyal Silversea customers who are becoming less in number with each cruise they take.  We are done unless something changes.  And I am so sorry you haven't gotten your free cruise.  You are extremely loyal customers with nearly a year on board SS chips. 

• Like 2

We hit 350 days in May on a Muse cruise and were able to book our "free" 7 day cruise onboard, but only when I got my long time travel agent involved. The onboard cruise consultants had incorrect and contradictory information and were generally not helpful. We wanted to used the benefit toward a 16 day cruise in an upgraded suite on the Endeavour and never could get a straight answer about how they derived the amount they credited toward the cruise we were interested in. In the end we booked it through our travel agent while onboard - she got them to apply a very slightly bigger credit.

I had not heard that Silversea raised the requirement to 500 days - I thought that was the requirement for a 14 day cruise!

I will say we have no intention of booking further Silversea cruises unless things improve. For the first time in almost 15 years we booked cruises for 2025 on lines other than Silversea -  Crystal, Regent and Explora.

Just checked the Venetian Society benefits page in My Silversea. It still lists a complimentary 7 day cruise at 350 days and a 14 day cruise at 500 days. I would call back and point that out and/or get your travel agent involved (if you have one).

• Like 3

The website differs  from what the Silversea agent told me

on the phone (ie., 7 day after 500 days).Seems like the left

hand doesn't know what the right is doing.

Does anyone know if some years ago, you needed only

300 days for a 7 day cruise?

1 hour ago, kschreib said:

The website differs  from what the Silversea agent told me

on the phone (ie., 7 day after 500 days).Seems like the left

hand doesn't know what the right is doing.

Does anyone know if some years ago, you needed only

300 days for a 7 day cruise?

Make sure you take a screen shot before you tell them.

I don't think we paid attention until we got close- after the re-start in 2021- it was 350 days for a 7 day. By then RCL was already in charge. Maybe they changed it?

Posted (edited)

It was 350 when we first sailed with Silversea in 2012.  We reached over 500 this year and got an awesome price for a 16 day cruise on the Silver Endeavour in 2025.  We booked while on a cruise in May this year.

Edited by mysty
  • Like 4

And it was 350 days for a 7 night cruise when we first cruised SS in 2011.

I would be mighty disappointed 

if they changed the days for a 14 night cruise being on 495 now.

• Like 1

As far as I can recall the 7 Day Cruise Benefit has been 350 Days for many years and the 14 Day Benefit set at 500 Days. Having fortunately acheived these Milestones its very nice until one calculates how much one has spent to that Point !!!

Unfortunately the above confusion only highlights the sad state of Silversea Management at the moment and the shocking Service offered by the On Shore Offices,

I doubt that if this continues many will bother to stay with Silversea long enough to gain any meaningful Benefits and the Venetian Society will soon become irrelevent.

• Like 3

I found a cruise critic comment from ca. 10 years ago

indicating that it was 300, not 350 days!

Again, does anyone agree with this?

Thanks

1 hour ago, kschreib said:

Thanks

As several people with long histories with Silversea have stated above, the 7-day cruise is benefit after 350 nights. No one seems to agree it is 300 days, at least not since at least 201.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, kschreib said:

Thanks

No matter what spurious comment from the past you found, the fact of the matter is that it is 350 days for a free 7 day cruise, and 500 days for a 14 day one. 

And has been that for longer than ten years. 

Suggest you quit flogging a dead horse. 

Edited by jollyjones
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, kschreib said:

Thanks

It might be that the other post was incorrect.  On balance it might be unlikely that you’ll win this one on the basis of current rules. 

300 days is extraordinary and part of me is envious!

You need to consider whether spending on a further 50 days is worth the possible but not guaranteed free 7 days.

Bestest,

Jeff

On 7/30/2024 at 1:39 AM, mysty said:

It was 350 when we first sailed with Silversea in 2012.  We reached over 500 this year and got an awesome price for a 16 day cruise on the Silver Endeavour in 2025.  We booked while on a cruise in May this year.

We have experienced exactly the same. Booked the S Endeavour in Sept.and we got as much as 24k€ „discount“ for the due 500days free cruise.

• Like 1