MTD reservation conflicts with shows/activities

Hoping maybe someone will have a suggestion on how best to handle this.  We are on a B2B on Utopia in September.  Have MTD and reservations for all 7 nights at 7 pm.  Shows aren't up for booking yet but the Escape room is.  Won't allow me to book a 9:30 time slot.  I think this is because MTD shows for 2 hours.  While the Escape room is at 9:30, which is definitely do-able, it looks like it's "slotted" at 9 pm.  So I guess they're saying you can't have one reservation end and another start at the same time?   I know we never spend a full 2 hours in the dining room and would have no issue getting to another activity at 9:30 pm, 2 1/2 hours later, but the system won't allow it.  

We haven't encountered this before but I'm pretty sure our last cruise, our MTD dining reservations were at 6:45 which was probably just enough to not conflict with show reservations.  Is there a way to change our current MTD time?  I'm not seeing one in the app or on the website.  

Anyone know if the shows are all "slotted" a half hour earlier than they actually start?  Am I going to run into this when shows are released where I can't book anything for 9:30?  

I'm not overly worried about the Escape room, we could always book a completely different time or before dinner maybe.  But I hate to have no access to any 9:30 pm shows.  We plan to eat in the Main Dining room every night, other than 1 night at Playmakers.  That could be a last minute decision as to when though...might need to catch a baseball playoff game 😉 

Thanks for any help!

1 minute ago, sandym718 said:

Is there a way to change our current MTD time?

Not usually without canceling first.

Others have reported this glitch where dining bookings prevent other things being booked, even more than two hours afterwards. Calling RCI may resolve that. Or, cancel MTD, book the other thing and then book MTD again.

On 7/30/2024 at 9:12 PM, Biker19 said:

Not usually without canceling first.

Others have reported this glitch where dining bookings prevent other things being booked, even more than two hours afterwards. Calling RCI may resolve that. Or, cancel MTD, book the other thing and then book MTD again.

Thank you!  I might try to call.  I'm scared to cancel any because I can't see what's available now and I don't want to get stuck with something really late or nothing at all.  

Having the same issue - What is frustrating is I can not remove the MTD, it errors out when I try to click on it.  Web & App wont allow me to modify the MTD.

• Like 1

Easy, don't book reservations.  If it is just the 2 of us, we never book reservations, we go when we feel like it.  Honestly, because on our Allure cruise this month, the first 2 nights the show is at 8.  So we decided, we are going super casual this cruise and eating at WJ.   But as a rule, on most ships, we either go really early when they open (which we don't like) or later.  We love 7pm shows as we go to the show first and then go to dinner.  That is our perfect thing.  If I were you, I would show up at MTD around 6:30.  Lots of times they will start seating people then as early time folks are leaving.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2024 at 9:09 PM, sandym718 said:

Hoping maybe someone will have a suggestion on how best to handle this.  We are on a B2B on Utopia in September.  Have MTD and reservations for all 7 nights at 7 pm.  Shows aren't up for booking yet but the Escape room is.  Won't allow me to book a 9:30 time slot.  I think this is because MTD shows for 2 hours.  While the Escape room is at 9:30, which is definitely do-able, it looks like it's "slotted" at 9 pm.  So I guess they're saying you can't have one reservation end and another start at the same time?   I know we never spend a full 2 hours in the dining room and would have no issue getting to another activity at 9:30 pm, 2 1/2 hours later, but the system won't allow it.  

We haven't encountered this before but I'm pretty sure our last cruise, our MTD dining reservations were at 6:45 which was probably just enough to not conflict with show reservations.  Is there a way to change our current MTD time?  I'm not seeing one in the app or on the website.  

Anyone know if the shows are all "slotted" a half hour earlier than they actually start?  Am I going to run into this when shows are released where I can't book anything for 9:30?  

I'm not overly worried about the Escape room, we could always book a completely different time or before dinner maybe.  But I hate to have no access to any 9:30 pm shows.  We plan to eat in the Main Dining room every night, other than 1 night at Playmakers.  That could be a last minute decision as to when though...might need to catch a baseball playoff game 😉 

Thanks for any help!

100% call Royal Caribbean customer service.  i had the EXACT same issue for an upcoming cruise in a few days.  I made MTD reservations first (6:45/7:00 each night) but couldnt book any shows because for some reason MTD was slotted for 5 and a half hours each night.  Crazy!  I called customer service and they were able to manually book all the shows for me on their end and i confirmed them on the app after the rep finished up.  

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, tOSUSteve said:

Having the same issue - What is frustrating is I can not remove the MTD, it errors out when I try to click on it.  Web & App wont allow me to modify the MTD.

For me it looks like I can cancel but not modify.  Scared to do that without knowing what is available.  

12 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

MTD is not meant to deconflict with show times. That's what the fixed dining times exist to do.

Understand that.  But we would have NO issue making show times or any activities 9 pm or later.  Have never been in the dining room longer than 90 minutes let alone 2 full hours.  We don't drink at dinner and we don't really linger there.  We don't rush but 90 minutes is plenty for us.  

8 hours ago, karena1 said:

Easy, don't book reservations.  If it is just the 2 of us, we never book reservations, we go when we feel like it.  Honestly, because on our Allure cruise this month, the first 2 nights the show is at 8.  So we decided, we are going super casual this cruise and eating at WJ.   But as a rule, on most ships, we either go really early when they open (which we don't like) or later.  We love 7pm shows as we go to the show first and then go to dinner.  That is our perfect thing.  If I were you, I would show up at MTD around 6:30.  Lots of times they will start seating people then as early time folks are leaving.

We prefer shows after dinner but early dining is just too early. I don't want to rush after ports especially.  We may just go the no reservations route for the shows and see/sit what we can.  But I'm going to try calling first.  I know we're going to do Playmakers one night and maybe WJ one night so could probably do shows then. 

6 hours ago, crusin1112 said:

100% call Royal Caribbean customer service.  i had the EXACT same issue for an upcoming cruise in a few days.  I made MTD reservations first (6:45/7:00 each night) but couldnt book any shows because for some reason MTD was slotted for 5 and a half hours each night.  Crazy!  I called customer service and they were able to manually book all the shows for me on their end and i confirmed them on the app after the rep finished up.  

Thank you!  5 1/2 hours, that's REALLY crazy...and I'm sure not even possible.  I'm going to call tomorrow and see what they say.  I can kind of  see 9 being blocked out with 7 pm dining, but not 9:30.  

7 hours ago, crusin1112 said:

I also had the issue with the 5.5 hour time block for MTD for my Sept Symphony sailing.  I contacted appfeedback@rccl.com back in June and they fixed it for me within 5 days.  It's now a 2 hour block.

• Like 1