Alaska 2025

lilybug

We are looking at Riviera July 17, 2025, Seattle to Seattle.  Just received a booklet advertising just Alaska itineraries.  We have cruised with O 5 times, but somehow we never catch a "good deal".  This is just Simply More, no O club discounts, etc.  We do have a $200 voucher towards a new booking if we used it in the next month or so.  So far cabin choices are wide open.  My question for all the cruisers out there who know when the deals are ... should I not use the certificate and wait and see if an offer comes up in the future?  Also, it's difficult to find information on the Denali land portion.  I look forward to hearing from many of you experts!d. TIA.

You mentioned that you have a certificate available. Was that a future cruise certificate that you purchased while on board? If so, then I believe you would be able to benefit from any future sales. I think there are a few carve outs with that statement, and some exceptions, but at least you could feel more confident booking early to get your cabin selection, and then later return to get a reduced price if your cruise goes on sale.

Be sure to work with a travel agent experienced with Oceania.
Enjoy your cruise.!

• Like 1

I keep an eye on the Alaska cruises and there is a low probability that a July cruise will have a sale (although every once in a while one will pop up, and I'm not sure what the effect of Riviera replacing Regatta will have). If you have the $200 post-cruise certificate (not an FCC) that expires 45 days after your cruise ends, it is not combinable with all special offers, but then neither is the FCC (be sure to read the T&Cs). While the T&Cs don't contain the price-guaranty language, the do have the transfer-once provision. If you are satisfied with the current price, go ahead an book; if a sale comes up, ask for the discount.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lilybug said:

We are looking at Riviera July 17, 2025, Seattle to Seattle.  Just received a booklet advertising just Alaska itineraries.  We have cruised with O 5 times, but somehow we never catch a "good deal".  This is just Simply More, no O club discounts, etc.  We do have a $200 voucher towards a new booking if we used it in the next month or so.  So far cabin choices are wide open.  My question for all the cruisers out there who know when the deals are ... should I not use the certificate and wait and see if an offer comes up in the future?  Also, it's difficult to find information on the Denali land portion.  I look forward to hearing from many of you experts!d. TIA.

Your voucher is for the limited time only. If you know for sure that you would like to book the particular cruise go for it now. The price may just go up in the future. But if it’s any sale later most likely you’ll be able to switch to the new promotion. You may loose the value of the voucher but gain more in the price reduction. I’ll also suggest you to use a good TA who can help you with the sales.

• Like 1

We are going to Alaska from Seattle to Seattle September 2025 with 2 other couples.  We have been on 1 Oceania cruise and booked this cruise for September because it included a discount for O club members.  Hopefully the weather will be good in September.

Hopefully so for you. It’s like the stock market: Past performance doesn’t ensure future performance. Time will tell. What happened last September has no bearing on next September.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, tdl60 said:

We are going to Alaska from Seattle to Seattle September 2025 with 2 other couples.  We have been on 1 Oceania cruise and booked this cruise for September because it included a discount for O club members.  Hopefully the weather will be good in September.

We are booked on the cruise after you, Seattle to Tokyo.  Weather is a toss up, could be great or cold---no matter what still looking forward to the cruise.  I think it's a great time to cruise.