Quietest sleeping on Rotterdam

I can't sleep in noise. 

I had planned to get an AFT veranda room.  
What is the quietest room of the entire ship rotterdam to get?
What is the quietest deck?

What stateroom should I avoid?  
What deck or areas should I avoid?
What rooms are away from night life?

I want a balcony room, but if an inside cabin is quieter that is what i will get?

Thanks!

Riley Fox

Depends on the ship class, but in general:
Elevator/stair and door areas are constantly noisy.
Spaces under or over public areas are noisy while they are in use.
Aft tends to be noisy around 5am, when cleaning & docking are occurring.
Forward tends to be noisy in the evenings, due to livelier public areas, and also during docking.

Avoid cabins near grey spaces - those are crew areas.

Any cabin will have constant ventilation noise: sealing thousands of people in a steel box requires air movement. Plumbing noise happens. Noisy neighbors happen -- especially those who are hard of hearing or or need constant background sound.

Ships are not quiet.

Go for a mid ship veranda sandwiched between other cabins, above and below.  Sixth deck is a safe bet.  Stay away from empty spaces next to your cabin.  Crew work areas, most likely. Noisy with dishes being placed there by crew from room service.

Aft verandahs will tend to have noise from the propellers as the ship moves. I don't mind it myself, some find it a source of white noise that is relaxing. Others may not. I agree with the other posters that for less noise avoid cabins above or below the public decks. The quietest have cabins above, below, and to both sides. Also, avoid connecting cabins. 

I have to say, though, that even the noisiest cabin on a cruise will be quiet compared to the stateroom I had on the USS Truman. They liked to fly planes off the deck above me. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

6 minutes ago, Suncitycruiser1925 said:

You recommend this location for a quiet cabin ? 

6160 or 6162 area on either side.  I have had a very pleasant/quiet stay in that area on deck 5 as well!

image.thumb.png.fdbc452b19cefc12eea1afd50ad117cc.png

image.png

Interior cabin surrounded by other cabins on all sides. I sleep like the dead. I know balcony's are preffered, but they're so much noisier. You hear other passengers coversations, you hear them opening doors, moving furniture, I do like the views, but there's nothing like an interior cabin for peacefull sleep.

I've never been on a ship that didn't at least have creaks and moans as the ship moved.  If you require absolute silence to sleep, I'd invest in earplugs, noise-cancelling headphones, and/or a white noise machine to try to drown out the other sounds.

But if the OP really "can't sleep in noise", then a cruise is not a good vacation choice.