Sold Out!!

One in our group is trying to be added to a solo passenger cabin. No need for an additional cabin.   Ship is supposedly sold out though we know of a number of solo bookings that are on the voyage.  Anyone have any luck getting added to a “sold out” trip?  I know folks can cancel at the last minute for a variety of reasons.  How many days before sailing will Royal let one book?  Many questions, I know.  Thanks for any information.  Katherine 

11 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

One in our group is trying to be added to a solo passenger cabin. No need for an additional cabin.   Ship is supposedly sold out though we know of a number of solo bookings that are on the voyage.  Anyone have any luck getting added to a “sold out” trip?  I know folks can cancel at the last minute for a variety of reasons.  How many days before sailing will Royal let one book?  Many questions, I know.  Thanks for any information.  Katherine 

Could be that the Muster stations are full for that cabin location.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lady Hudson said:

It depends on if the sailing is closed or not.

If yhe sailing is closed you can't add a person.  If the sailing is still open you should be able to add a second as space is reserved in the muster station for 2 guests.

• Like 2

So getting confused!  It appears that Royal is asking if people want to cancel the trip I want to be added (to

an existing booking) in exchange for a free trip.  But they are also granting Royal Ups.  Going to keep my fingers crossed I will eventually be successful.  DS is making Pinnacle and I would like to be there for that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lady Hudson said:

So getting confused!  It appears that Royal is asking if people want to cancel the trip I want to be added (to

an existing booking) in exchange for a free trip.  But they are also granting Royal Ups.  Going to keep my fingers crossed I will eventually be successful.  DS is making Pinnacle and I would like to be there for that.

They could just be oversold in one category which is usually the case.

You have to realize that the inventory that you see (or don't see in this case) is in no way a true reflection of the actual cabins that Royal has available.  They pull cabins and hold them, sell guarantees and count on x% of people cancelling in order to get the ship as close to full by sail date.

• Like 1