Norwegian Fjords

mark46

Will HAL be able to cruise into the Norwegian fjords in 2026.  I see 2026 cruises listed but I understand that cruise ships will be banned unless they are emission free.

3 minutes ago, mark46 said:

Will HAL be able to cruise into the Norwegian fjords in 2026.  I see 2026 cruises listed but I understand that cruise ships will be banned unless they are emission free.

Not all of the Fjords are banned, only the World Heritage sites.

18 minutes ago, ChinaShrek said:

Not all of the Fjords are banned, only the World Heritage sites.

Which, I think, is only 2 or 3 of the fjords. The 2026 schedule is being released right now, so one can check the schedule. 

37 minutes ago, mark46 said:

Aren't the 3 heritage site fjords the "best" to see, or will be happy with any of the fjord cruises?

We did a land trip in Norway last summer so we could do some inner regions, but really focused on fjords between Trondheim and Bergen. It is hard to see a bad fjord. They each of their characteristics, and there will be excursion options, depending on the itinerary that could get you into some of the UNESCO fjords.  We really liked the Sognefjord area, which is not UNESCO. Indeed, it is very hard to have a bad nature experience in Norway. It simply is a gorgeous country from top to bottom. 

• Like 2

Just now, tscoffey said:

Did you make that hike up to Preikestolen? We did, and my knees still haven't forgiven me!

That’s a little bit beyond us at this point, but it is surely an experience for those who can do it!  As for Norway hikes:  Our AirBnB host in Alta sized us up and said, “these are great hikes in the area that we take children on. You should try one!!”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1