Dad travelling with Kid

shergar1

Just wondering if anyone is also travelling with a child.I am going solo with my 6yr old son, and will probably be looking at some stage for an adult to talk to.Anyone interested in having a beer/soda when we drop the kids off to Camp Carnival?.If not, i'll be the guy singing Barney songs walking by you:confused:

Its a holiday sailing so you willhave lots of families onboard.

You will find someone--anyone to talk with no matter where you go.

(look for the single events that will be listed inyour capers to give you other singles to meet)

Have dinner at a very large table-- which you might be seated with another single parent family.

If you haven't done so already, check out the "Roll Call" section and you'll find other people who will be on the ship with you.

I've travelled solo and always enjoyed myself. Don't be shy about talking to people at the next table in the buffet (I've met a lot of people just by offering the empty seat at my table to someone looking for a place to sit); go to the trivia game and ask people if you can join their team; talk to the person next to you at the shows or in any line you get into. When you're around the pool, just look for the other parents and get to know them.

Just wondering if anyone is also travelling with a child.I am going solo with my 6yr old son, and will probably be looking at some stage for an adult to talk to.Anyone interested in having a beer/soda when we drop the kids off to Camp Carnival?.If not, i'll be the guy singing Barney songs walking by you:confused:

hi!!!

my daughter(also 6!) and i are traveling alone but we leave thursday on the elation!! my husband is staying home-- has meetings and such and can't go:( ---- this will be my first cruise with just my daughter... kinda scared a little i guess....(only if the weather is bad i think)...... but i am looking forward to a nice quiet cruise with time to myself!!! you will probably enjoy it. lay by the pool and drink some cocktails!!! thats what i plan to do!!:p

rebecca

You're leaving a day before my cruise with my 7 year old son...we're on the Valor. Like Rebecca, I was a little nervous about doing the just mom and kid trip too but hopefully I'll make some new shipboard friends!

Hope you and your son have a great trip!

Some ships offer a singles meet and greet might be something to check into

I cruised with my daughter, then 9½ on the Star Princess back in '02 and it was great. She quickly made friends in the kids' club and I just loved soaking up the sun all day poolside. We ate dinner together and hung out off and on during the day. And, of course we enjoyed ourselves in port. The following year we planned a 10 day cruise on the Sun Princess, but almost the last minute I added one of her grown twin sisters. The 3rd passenger price was too good to pass up! Both times I got a lot of "alone time", so in a way it was like solo cruising. Of course the second time I could be out later because her sister was there in the cabin. I'm glad I had these "mother-daughter" experiences, because now she's at an age where she hardly wants to be seen with me! :eek: I have a feeling if just the two of us cruised again, we would be vying for the bathroom or mirror in the cabin. And, I would be on her case about curfew and making sure the rules were enforced. Not quite as cozy as when she was younger! We will be taking another "mom-daughter" cruise in less than 2 weeks...but she'll be with her friends this time. I'll be with their moms. Maybe we should call it a "mom-mom" "daughter-daughter" cruise. LOL

Bon voyage to you and your little girl! You'll have a blast. Where else can a child learn to love shrimp cocktail and afternoon tea? :)

hi!!!

my daughter(also 6!) and i are traveling alone but we leave thursday on the elation!! my husband is staying home-- has meetings and such and can't go:( ---- this will be my first cruise with just my daughter... kinda scared a little i guess....(only if the weather is bad i think)...... but i am looking forward to a nice quiet cruise with time to myself!!! you will probably enjoy it. lay by the pool and drink some cocktails!!! thats what i plan to do!!:p

rebecca

What an awsome Dad you are. You will have a great time with your son. They pool will be a favourite place, trust me there. I have cruise with my boys for a while now and they never get tired of it. Do check out the roll call board for your cruise date. I have met wonderful people on roll calls. It's nice to have "built in" freinds.

Anyway Isn't Barney old news now. I thought the Wiggles were they hottest thing now. My kids are 9 and 11 so I'm not current on those things.

Does anyone know if they put a limit on the time they can play these video games at Camp Carnival.I bought him one for xmas but took it back as I hated the change in him with this game.Even limiting him to one hour a day didn't work.He really doesn't think too much about it now, but I don't want him playing Ps2 all of his time in Camp Carnival???

Archived