1st time celebriry

george35

I am D+ on RCL so this is my 1st time on celebriry. I know I get 4 drinks but is it like on RCC I can go to any bar & order up till midnight?? Or can I only get my 4 drinks at a certain place & time on the ship.???

george35

Posted (edited)

It is a happy hour, available daily from 5-7 with no limit on drinks.  The drinks are from a specific happy hour menu, and available in most but not all bars, and not in the dining rooms/restaurants.  You can also get bottled water and canned sodas.  On a couple of nights during the cruise there many be a happy hour gathering in a specific location/lounge.

Edited by kabmab

Posted (edited)

Celebrity doesn't do the 'drinks per day' thing.

Your Diamond + gets you Elite + on Celebrity.

Check CC Benefits Chart.pdfattached for perks for each tier, paying attention to beverage package discounts. 

Not knowing what kind of cabin you've booked, can't say what other perks might be in store, especially if in one of the higher suites.  All suites will drink for free in the Retreat bar.

Did you book the "AI" or "Cruise only" fare?  If "AI" you already have the 'Classic' drinks package, so the only choice left would be to upgrade to 'Premium' if you wanted to do so.

One complimentary Specialty Coffee when you dine in a Specialty Restaurant
Complimentary cappuccino, latte, tea, espresso
Discount on any bottle of wine 20%
Discount on Premium Drink Package upgrade when purchased pre-cruise only 15%

If you go online NOW, check the "Plan my cruise" and see if there aren't deals better than 15% for a drinks package. 

I see the Elite "Happy Hour" was covered before I could hit submit.  So there's that, too.

Edited by canderson

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, george35 said:

I am D+ on RCL so this is my 1st time on celebriry. I know I get 4 drinks but is it like on RCC I can go to any bar & order up till midnight?? Or can I only get my 4 drinks at a certain place & time on the ship.???

george35

As suggested, to be clear your reciprocity with benefits does not mean your RCCL tier benefits transfer to, or merge with, Celebrity's benefits sailing on them (or visa versa).  It means that you share the benefits offered by your common tier level when sailing on Celebrity.  And there are exceptions with each as to some benefits that are not shared.  Also, your cruise points earned with each cruise remain separate with the cruise line on which you sailed and earned them.

As posted by @canderson I would suggest reviewing the Celebrity Captain's Club benefits chart to familiarize yourself with what benefits your reciprocal tier level (in your case Elite Plus) will provide on board.

And by the way you may want to refresh yourself on the RCCL Crown & Anchor D+ tier level benefits as your drink vouchers provide 5 drinks per day, not 4 as you mention.  And they refresh at 5:00 AM each day, not midnight.

I've attached that current information as a PDF.

RCCL C&A Benefits.pdf

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Just now, george35 said:

Thank you for that info, at 89 my memory is not as good as yours.

george35

I get it.  Just trying to help to make sure you know what to expect with Celebrity, which is a very good cruise line, BTW.  Plus there have been updates with the programs recently to be aware of.

Enjoy your cruise.

2 hours ago, kabmab said:

It is a happy hour, available daily from 5-7 with no limit on drinks.  The drinks are from a specific happy hour menu, and available in most but not all bars, and not in the dining rooms/restaurants.  You can also get bottled water and canned sodas.  On a couple of nights during the cruise there many be a happy hour gathering in a specific location/lounge.

even when there are happy hour gatherings in specific locations you can still get your drinks at any of the other bars that are included in the programme.

You can also get some free drinks at the Elite breakfast (mimosa, bloody mary, champagne/sparkling wine.)

Plus unlimited speciality teas, coffees _ hot and iced, hot chocolate ( basicaly any drink that doesn't have alcohol) in the Cafe Al Bacio and a reduced offering at any bar that has an espresso machine.