More VV Newbie Questions - XL ST v Central & Richard's Rooftop...

Liao

Currently booked (solo) May 3, 2025 TA in XL Sea Terrace. 

1. Other than the size of the bathroom, there does not seem to be much difference from the Central ST, is that correct?  If that is the only difference, I'd seriously consider changing to Central if I stay at this level suite.

2. My last 3 cruises have been on Celebrity in upper suites, so have had all the benefits of the Retreat.  I am considering a Brilliant Suite.

3. How does Richard's Rooftop compare to Celebrity Retreat pool area?  I see where it says snacks are available, what does that include, chips, pretzels and the like or can one get lunch up there without having to leave?  With so many sea days, I imagine I'd be up there often, weather depending.

4. Does the Rock Star team take care of all restaurant & show reservations, i.e. are they guaranteed or still first come etc?  I do not drink alcohol, will they remove it from the room?  

THX!

The XL has a larger bathroom, and some don't have hammocks.

You can search for individual cabin quirks here: https://vvinsider.com/cabins/

The Rock Star Agents can take care of all your dining reservations. Most shows don't need reservations, and you can stand by the front of the line just by showing the crew member at the front of the line that you are a Rock Star.

As it stands now, there is only 1 suite available for this sailing and it's a Brilliant Suite. (14277Z)

We only went to RR a few times, and don't remember seeing anyone eating. It was hot & sunny,during a Caribbean sailing in May.

As for the alcohol in your suite, I don't see why they couldn't remove it if that's what you want.

You could always gift the bottles to any new friends you make.

Look at a YouTube video or similar of Richard’s Rooftop to get a feel for the space. It is almost always quiet there with plenty of seating available. Gets a bit busier near the bar during happy hour.

Food at Richard’s Rooftop is the Sun Club Cafe menu of poke bowls and bao buns, plus that sushi is exclusive to the rooftop. 

See the menu here https://vvinsider.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/05/Richards-Rooftop-Bar-Menu-visit-vvinsider.pdf

All major shows (except the dinner show) are now first come for seating, not reservations. Rockstars need to arrive before doors open (30 minutes before for Red Room, 15 for Manor but check with agent) and can enter a roped off section at the front of the queue. 
Rockstar agents can help with most other reservations.

I think the agent could remove all the alcohol from the mini bar and replace with some other things, but be aware a large part of the value of the suite is the mini bar and happy hour.

As above, there is a rockstar waiting area at the front of the line for shows.

At boarding, you can go to a rockstar reception where you will have bubbly and they will take care of any reservations you need (dinner, etc).  You can make dinner reservations at 60 days prior to embarkation, rather than 45 for the general population.  You can do this thru the app, by calling Sailor Services shoreside, or thru your TA.  At the reception, they will also do any spa or other reservations you want.  

A Sea Terrace is a Sea Terrace--central same as standard except for location. XL has the larger bathroom  and not all have hammock.  Bluntly, I wouldn't stay in one without the hammock.  Best part of the cruise!  Richard's Rooftop is a nice, quiet place to hang out, but not the equal of The Retreat or other "ship within a ship" on most lines.  The biggest suite benefits are the alcohol  (mini bar and happy hour) and the extra space in the rooms.  And the mostly skip any lines--you will be guided to the front at disembarkation, etc.

14 hours ago, Eric&Pam said:

As it stands now, there is only 1 suite available for this sailing and it's a Brilliant Suite. (14277Z)

We only went to RR a few times, and don't remember seeing anyone eating. It was hot & sunny,during a Caribbean sailing in May.

As for the alcohol in your suite, I don't see why they couldn't remove it if that's what you want.

You could always gift the bottles to any new friends you make.

On the plus side, that Brilliant Suite is actually under a Gorgeous Suite rather than being under the pool deck.  Interesting it's the only one open since I would have assumed the ones not under the pool deck would be first to go.

I don't know what the exact options would be, but for the Rockstar suite bar you could ask about swapping out the alcohol with premium non-alcoholic drinks (e.g. Red Bull, ginger beer, Heinekin 0.0, etc).  Possibly Kombucha depending on how that fits in with not drinking alcohol.  I know the default loadout came with a couple of Red Bulls, a couple of ginger beers and a couple of tonic waters in our cabin, so at the very least you could really load up on those.

• Like 1