Pink Agave - Treat Yourself

Cloud9 Bob

Last time I was at Pink Agave I decided to try the "treat yourself" item, which was Pescado Zarandeado. Since I had a bunch of sailor loot that was burning a hole in my bracelet, I didn't think twice about the $55 upcharge. I'll start with the good. The lobster tail was very nice. The scallops were fishy and rubbery (frozen?) and the halibut filet was the absolute worst item of the three. It was totally overcoated with achiote rub, very salty and cooked dry as a bone. It was without a doubt, the worst meal item I've eaten onboard a Virgin ship in 3 cruises. I couldn't eat more than two small bites. Maybe I just got unlucky with this one entree on that particular evening, but honestly, I expected to be blown away by a real seafood treat. Anyone else order this? What did you think?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cloud9 Bob said:

Last time I was at Pink Agave I decided to try the "treat yourself" item, which was Pescado Zarandeado. Since I had a bunch of sailor loot that was burning a hole in my bracelet, I didn't think twice about the $55 upcharge. I'll start with the good. The lobster tail was very nice. The scallops were fishy and rubbery (frozen?) and the halibut filet was the absolute worst item of the three. It was totally overcoated with achiote rub, very salty and cooked dry as a bone. It was without a doubt, the worst meal item I've eaten onboard a Virgin ship in 3 cruises. I couldn't eat more than two small bites. Maybe I just got unlucky with this one entree on that particular evening, but honestly, I expected to be blown away by a real seafood treat. Anyone else order this? What did you think?

Did you send it back? 

• Like 1

No I didn't want anything else to eat at that point and come to think of it they never offered either. I do remember taking a pepperoni pizza back to my cabin which I really enjoyed on the balcony a few hours later. 🙂

• Like 1

The only "treat yourself" that we found worthwhile is the tomahawk steak in The Wake.  The serving is plenty for 2 (or even more) and very good.  THe other "treat yourself" item we tried, as above as we had a lot of loot, would not have been worth spending real money!  The waygu beef in Gunbae is a definite "skip it."  It wasn't bad, but the marinated beef (Kalbi ?) was better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, cantgetin said:

The only "treat yourself" that we found worthwhile is the tomahawk steak in The Wake. 

The table next to me ordered it and it was amazing...totally agree.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...